Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about phone charing on the ride vehicles with short cables so people can enjoy the ride without their phone in front of their face?
I love this concept currently at WDW.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Introducing FuelRod Service to Revolutionize How Guests Charge Electronics | WDW News Today

I think Pokemon Go is seeing a surge in portable charging batteries recently.

While I was playing around with the UO app, there was a notification that I hadn't read yet...

Screenshot_2016_08_12_13_31_57_2.jpg

Here is a rundown of how the Go Puck is operated at Uni from Orlando Informer.

Nah the last great IP would be something so controversial Universal/Disney would never ever put into their parks.
Game of Thrones?

That is one sexy castle....

juliancaldow-4db7fae9db2a8e.jpg

So.. with this 3rd park.. do we believe we will get an entertainment complex like citywalk 2.0? if so, what could we expect.. or what would we want..

Any updates on this area? (calling all locals!) I know a few weeks ago i saw reports of dirt being pushed around... i think for survey reasons (i think) any other moves on this front

So.. with this 3rd park.. do we believe we will get an entertainment complex like citywalk 2.0? if so, what could we expect.. or what would we want..

Any updates on this area? (calling all locals!) I know a few weeks ago i saw reports of dirt being pushed around... i think for survey reasons (i think) any other moves on this front
Whether it's in a new CityWalk or the one we have I want a Nintendo store like the one in New York.

Bontantical Garden/Nature Walk with festivals based on world cultures with a free theatre showing old school Universal films every night and a row of bars and pubs (its not like they would lose anything from it).

With that also two live theatre venues with one being for comedy and another for full scale theatrical performances.

As for entertainment to get people out there, I would say an outdoor rink, a legit old school penny arcade and mom and pop style shops including a totally retro nintendo store and a records store with old school vinyls with sound booths to rock out to Iron Maiden or George Strait or David Bowie just like back in the day.

Last edited:
Bontantical Garden/Nature Walk with festivals based on world cultures with a free theatre showing old school Universal films every night and a row of bars and pubs (its not like they would lose anything from it). As for entertainment to get people out there, I would say an outdoor rink, a legit old school penny arcade and mom and pop style shops including a totally retro nintendo store.
thread.jpg

I'm bemused about people wanting GOT in the parks. I adore the show, but would struggle to think of how it could be incorporated legitemately into genuinely good attractions.
Maybe a dragon flight ride (which Avatar already kinda has dibs on), but apart from that, what are we really gonna have? Drinking, fighting, incest and procreation simulators?

I'm bemused about people wanting GOT in the parks. I adore the show, but would struggle to think of how it could be incorporated legitemately into genuinely good attractions.
Maybe a dragon flight ride (which Avatar already kinda has dibs on), but apart from that, what are we really gonna have? Drinking, fighting, incest and procreation simulators?

It's more of an ultimate dream, while realizing that there really isn't much to do with the IP or that Uni would never actually do it. It's just fun to think about. And even though I acknowledge that the extreme adult content of the show is a major reason why it wouldn't happen, it's just wanting to explore a fully fleshed-out old-fantasy world, without all the mature themes of the writing.

Not actually saying that I'm holding out hope for it to come to any parks or speculating that it even has a chance of being brought up to UC.

This was a list of joke attractions I came up with...
Bran's Fear Fall
Dany's Dance of Dragons Coaster
Jaime's Lefty Emporium
Arya's Fun House of Skinned Faces
Journey to the Boring Land of Dorne
Craster's Keep Beyond the Wall KidZone
Red Wedding Dinner Experience (Featuring Frey Son Pie)
Greyjoy Sausages on a Stick

Obviously this isn't going to be in the third park, but i'd love to have a park dedicated to b-movies that have gained cult followings. Something like a Tarantino-dream park.

In the park I'd love to see a whole Manhattan-jail themed land themed after "Escape from New York". Here the main ride could be in the style of Spiderman, where a taxi ride takes you through a distraught Manhattan, full of maniacs, etc in order to find the kidnapped president. Another ride could be themed to Maniac Cop, Cloverfield, or any other b-picture that takes place in New York.

I'd also like to see a land dedicated to cult horror. In this land we could see rides such as Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and the story could have us saving our tour guide from the clowns after he/she is taken captive in a balloon. Then we could have a horror makeup show, or a classic monster haunted house.

I'd also like to see a land themed to disaster films, which is kind of what Disaster was, but here we'd see a Speed ride, A ride themed to the Towering Inferno, Dante's Peak. Just a land dedicated to the disaster cinema boom that happened both in the 70's and 90's.

I have yet to think about what else this park could offer, but I think it would be really cool to see a park dedicated to cheesy movies. I don't think it will happen because the general public wouldn't eat up something like this, and also because Universal probably would have a hard time finding the rights to all these films, and there is no desire this will ever happen. This is just my dream for the 3rd park, a dream that I'm aware will never happen, but something I fantasize with

Status
Not open for further replies.