USF Project? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought the up in another thread, but is Harry Potter still a big enough property that will bring people to the parks? It doesn't have a lasting appeal like Star Wars or Marvel does. I think it might be overkill at this point. It's been 6 years since the last movie and Fantatic Beasts wasn't exactly a smash hit. People move on to other things.

I can see your point and I don't think Potter is as big as Star Wars but is closer to Marvel than Marvel is to Star Wars.

Potter is huge and even if it isn't the biggest IP out there, it's still selling tickets and merchandise and I think in terms of how well it lends itself to a theme park land and attractions, it's probably just as good as Star Wars.

I don't think Potter will age that horribly either as the world it's set in is timeless.

Reactions: Andysol
I think it could be Mummy, which is kind of surprising because I feel like that is a lot of people's favorite ride in the park? It always gets a good crowd I've felt everyone loved it? If it were The Mummy that was going away and people seem somewhat positive about whatever is coming that would tell me that they are really excited about either the ride or the IP or both? I also feel like that section of the park seems pretty well themed now so would it fit into NYC if it were to go back there? I can't imagine they would get rid of all of NYC.

I can't imagine it being The Simpsons unless it was replaced with another Simpsons attraction (biased I know), but the show is still on the air and they just spent a ton of money on making the Springfield area a more fleshed out complete land.

I think it could be Mummy, which is kind of surprising because I feel like that is a lot of people's favorite ride in the park? It always gets a good crowd I've felt everyone loved it? If it were The Mummy that was going away and people seem somewhat positive about whatever is coming that would tell me that they are really excited about either the ride or the IP or both? I also feel like that section of the park seems pretty well themed now so would it fit into NYC if it were to go back there? I can't imagine they would get rid of all of NYC.

I can't imagine it being The Simpsons unless it was replaced with another Simpsons attraction (biased I know), but the show is still on the air and they just spent a ton of money on making the Springfield area a more fleshed out complete land.
Love the Mummy and hope it's not that. The issue though that worries me a bit is that they have had maintenance issues with parts of the ride. That seems to be the attraction's Achilles heel. So I'm hoping they just do a substantial refurb instead of a new attraction.

Love the Mummy and hope it's not that. The issue though that worries me a bit is that they have had maintenance issues with parts of the ride. That seems to be the attraction's Achilles heel. So I'm hoping they just do a substantial refurb instead of a new attraction.
Yep. Maintenance and reliability is what will ultimatley do The Mummy in.

6mb3Ecn.jpg
I've always imagined this to be the entrance to MOM expansion

My guess is London goes from SF to Springfield. Potter does not.
That's a wasted opportunity to add another locale in. Why stretch London so far when you could add another area themed to a historic city? Maybe Paris?

Unless you are right about Dr. Who it just doesn't make sense and even then I think Dr. Who is very niche. Loud and proud fanbase, but very niche.

Reactions: Andysol and EllTee
Yeah, the Simpsons is still iconic, moves a ton of merch, and has one of the busiest quick service locations in the park. Not to mention it's extremely popular in the U.K. which is a big demographic for Orlando. If Simpsons Ride leaves, it would probably be to put a new, physical attraction in it's place. I personally think a water ride would be a perfect fit for that property and would fill a niche not at USF yet.

I don't believe MiB goes anywhere either. Not until Nintendo is a year out from opening.
If it does, then universal is just being dumb.

F&F adds little capacity due to the virtual queue. All the people in queue for F&F will be in other physical queues. So that's a moot point. In fact, it might be a decrease when you account for Beetlejuice and Disaster. While not popular, they still might have eaten more than whatever F&Fs minimal physical queue will be.

Then we lose FFL- again- no big loss. But still a loss.

Then we lose all of Kidzone including Animal Actors. Now we're really at a deficit.

So we'll have lost:
Twister
Disaster!
Beetlejuice
FFL
Barney
Feivel
Woodpecker
Animal Actors

And we'll have gained:
Virtual Queue Jimmy Fallon
Virtual Queue F&F

All while increasing attendance and about to get a massive spike with new HP and Star Wars defectors in 2019.
Losing MiB, Mummy, Shrek or even T2 would be an idiotic move during the foreseeable future. MiB with its capacity being the most idiotic of them all.
We were warned a while back "the resort will be unrecognizable in a few years time"

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.