USF Project? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a great idea! It would also compliment the Horror Makeup theater nicely making a little theater complex. I would love to see it be a reproduction of some of the classic movie theaters of the past. One of my favorite theaters has always been the Paramount Theater in Austin, something like that would be a fitting tribute to film history and provide a great venue for live shows.View attachment 5241

That's way too tiny.

Credit-Dan-Donovan-1.jpg

STL_BlogPost_VisittheFox.jpg

It has to be a higher capacity because I'm sure FFL while this may not be the USF project, I expect it to go down sometime in the future. So you would need a large enough arena with the ability to having rigging and ability to be able to change shows which I'm assuming will be Universal's goal to keep marketing it as a new attraction seasonally. A larger venue would also provide them another concert venue in the park beyond the Music Plaza which they could use in the event a Mardi Gras concert gets rain out.

Maybe I've just seen the Disney shows too many times, but I think Universal's live entertainment lineup is a little stronger on the whole. Everything in Diagon, Horror Makeup, Poseidon, Fallon, Fish Market, and even smaller stuff like the Fountain and the Raptor Encounter feel fresh and entertaining.

There are certainly weak links (Frog Choir, Grinchmas' production value), but there are few, and their best seems to match Disney's best (Citizens, Lion King.) Disney wipes the floor with them when it comes to nighttime spectaculars, though, and Uni could benefit from another full-length, indoor show.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Maybe I've just seen the Disney shows too many times, but I think Universal's live entertainment lineup is a little stronger on the whole. Everything in Diagon, Horror Makeup, Poseidon, Fallon, Fish Market, and even smaller stuff like the Fountain and the Raptor Encounter feel fresh and entertaining.

There are certainly weak links (Frog Choir, Grinchmas' production value), but there are few, and their best seems to match Disney's best (Citizens, Lion King.) Disney wipes the floor with them when it comes to nighttime spectaculars, though, and Uni could benefit from another full-length, indoor show.
Yes, Disney's live entertainment, especially at Epcot, MK Main St. , and DHS has taken quite a few hits in the past six years. Nowhere near the level it used to be. Universal's small time entertainment is pretty good, but, as you say so well, "Disney wipes the floor when it comes to nighttime entertainment". I could see why before, but now that Universal has three times plus the hotel rooms they used to have, they no longer have an excuse for lackluster nighttime entertainment.

Reactions: Jones14
Many of the actors work at both Disney and Universal. It seems like lately a lot of the really good ones have been working less at Disney and more at Universal. Disney has cut a lot of entertainment positions and then created new entertainment to replace it. I assume this is probably being done to pay less, get out of existing contracts or unions or something.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I've spoken to a few of the former long term DHS Citizen of Hollywood actors who were cut & now work at Universal Studios. Pretty good people. The figure that I've seen was that Disney sacked two thirds of the Citizens of Hollywood. MK Main St. entertainment has been just about completely gutted. A few years ago Disney brought in an entertainment manager, who ended up being terminated himself, who cut many of the really good Epcot acts that used Equity union actors. They were replaced with some pretty weak contracted entertainment....During that time, Universal expanded their street entertainment acts, some of it in response to the capacity they lost when they closed Disaster/Twister/Beetlejuice....Really good entertainment is what separates the class theme parks from the Six Flags of the world. I hope Disney changes course and goes back to their past reputation of quality entertainment.

Universal really needs to up the nighttime entertainment factor. The Cinematic Spectacular is poor, in my opinion. Considering the wealth of film they have and the lake being as cool of a space as it is, I feel there could be something much better in its place. Disney wins massively on that front. The fact there is no Hogwarts show is baffling to me. I know it is coming at Christmas, but I wish it would have come sooner. With all the street space USF has, it should have something that is more of a draw than CS.

What about an elegant night water pagent on the lagoon and an explosive projection mapping/pyro dance party in Music Plaza.

I think the possibilities are endless. A lagoon show could even have fireworks based on the colours of the properties that surround the lagoon with music themed to it, but it doesn't seem forthcoming which is such a shame.

Yes, Disney's live entertainment, especially at Epcot, MK Main St. , and DHS has taken quite a few hits in the past six years. Nowhere near the level it used to be. Universal's small time entertainment is pretty good, but, as you say so well, "Disney wipes the floor when it comes to nighttime entertainment". I could see why before, but now that Universal has three times plus the hotel rooms they used to have, they no longer have an excuse for lackluster nighttime entertainment.
I've noticed they do "small and intimate" very well when it comes to shows..."Big grand spectacle," not so much....Sans something like Terminator

Disney however, is the opposite

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I've noticed they do "small and intimate" very well when it comes to shows..."Big grand spectacle," not so much....Sans something like Terminator

Disney however, is the opposite
I've seen plenty of cringe worthy entertainment in WDW. Cinderellabration and Tarzan Rocks pop to the front of my mind.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.