USF Project? | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all going to be ogre soon.

Why do I have a feeling there may be the other joke if Shrek 4-D is going.

Although, if it is going; that leads me to two thoughts,

1.) DWTheater, with a overhaul of asthetics of the soundstage. Perhaps incorporate the current Hello Kitty store, and relocate that while things are handled?

or 2.) A new 4D show altogether.

Heading to Universal this weekend and staying at the Hard Rock for my birthday; gotta love the unlimited Express Passes!! Usually don't do Shrek 4D or T2 but I'm thinking I should definitely make time for them after all the rumors that have been swirling on here. Can't say I'd really miss either of them but like to experience them one last time if they are actually saying goodbye.

Reactions: Alicia
It has been pointed out to me to keep an eye on Shrek for a fast track replacement, possibly soon. This nod comes with no guarantees however.
Well well well, how often is Teebin's info off base, not often....We've heard from Insiders in the past year that F&F is the last screen based attraction in the Studio's park for a while. Soooo, that probably leaves out the Kung Fu Panda and others screen replacement for Shrek in Hollywood. If Shrek leaves, that frees up the Shrek IP for a new, larger and improved version for the Fourth Park, when it's built....Maybe a show, but a new show is probably going to replace a different attraction, FFL or T-2. The Shrek building should be able to house a two story ride, so there's a former concept still floating out there, if indeed it's still in it's original planned form, and wasn't significantly changed when Thierry Coup got assigned to it. . But I'm not going to name it since I don't want to jinx the possibility it comes to the park. But I would love it if it came, and so would the kids who love pets, and cat lovers like me & Teebin.

Well well well, how often is Teebin's info off base, not often....We've heard from Insiders in the past year that F&F is the last screen based attraction in the Studio's park for a while. Soooo, that probably leaves out the Kung Fu Panda and others screen replacement for Shrek in Hollywood. If Shrek leaves, that frees up the Shrek IP for a new, larger and improved version for the Fourth Park, when it's built....Maybe a show, but a new show is probably going to replace a different attraction, FFL or T-2. The Shrek building should be able to house a two story ride, so there's a former concept still floating out there, if indeed it's still in it's original planned form, and wasn't significantly changed when Thierry Coup got assigned to it. . But I'm not going to name it since I don't want to jinx the possibility it comes to the park. But I would love it if it came, and so would the kids who love pets, and cat lovers like me & Teebin.
I mean, a true Minions dark ride would be a ton of fun...or SLoP

"Pssst, Shrek's closing."

la-et-mn-secret-life-of-pets-review-20160704-snap

It has been pointed out to me to keep an eye on Shrek for a fast track replacement, possibly soon. This nod comes with no guarantees however.
Hope it's something better than its replacement in USH...but even that would be better than Shrek

Gonna have to find another spot for a HHN House in that case...

Me, as logical as I can; must ask, would they extend NY Street to include Monsters Cafe, music plaza, and Super Silly Fun Store? I would think if SLoP is fasttracked; they could make the park more immersive and to include New York Street (and to possibly redo Production Central while at it)

If Shrek becomes SLOP, that's a perfect bookend with Despicable Me across the way. And it makes sense if it's in tandem with USH's version. However, I can't help but feel Universal would be itching to just plop the DWA theater in that spot. Stunned they actually might make that a USH exclusive. (lame exclusive imo)

If Shrek becomes SLOP, that's a perfect bookend with Despicable Me across the way. And it makes sense if it's in tandem with USH's version. However, I can't help but feel Universal would be itching to just plop the DWA theater in that spot. Stunned they actually might make that a USH exclusive. (lame exclusive imo)

Blue Sky/Out There Theory:

DM3 was another HUGE hit this year. Will probably go down as the biggest summer movie of the year. If I'm Uni, and Shrek is really becoming SLoP like Disneyhead seems to be hinting at, I'd turn Minion Mayhem into a SING (or some other Illumination property) once Park 3 is near opening.

Give Park 3 the Minion Land people clearly want.

I was told a few years back that HHN is always considered when creating new attractions/taking up previous footprints. One thing I have always admired about Universal is that they are very creative when it comes to space.

Oh, there are other spots for a house, for sure. Just going to be a very interesting year at HHN next year, that's for sure.

Me, as logical as I can; must ask, would they extend NY Street to include Monsters Cafe, music plaza, and Super Silly Fun Store? I would think if SLoP is fasttracked; they could make the park more immersive and to include New York Street (and to possibly redo Production Central while at it)
That is a "Great" concept. Production Central theme is kind of past history. The PC street entrance is ugly. NYC facades extending to that section would beautify the park, and I would imagine be fairly inexpensive.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.