Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, they're stretching it here - but theme park is defined as a group of rides and attractions with themed environments.

Either way, yes....3rd park is very far away; if at all.

So the third park for universal Orlando is far far away from now?

That or Volcano Bay is it, their final park. Comcast has seemed equally hellbent on vastly improving IOA and US as they are in building new hotels and a zillion new rooms. It will easily be a 5-7 day park when completed, considering an entire day or two at the hotel just lounging, eating and drinking. All of that would blow my skirt up. :)

That or Volcano Bay is it, their final park. Comcast has seemed equally hellbent on vastly improving IOA and US as they are in building new hotels and a zillion new rooms. It will easily be a 5-7 day park when completed, considering an entire day or two at the hotel just lounging, eating and drinking. All of that would blow my skirt up. :)

Maybe I'm the minority, but I'm all for that situation. The amount of money needed to acquire room for another park would kneecap the incredibly ambitious plans they have for the existing two parks

Maybe I'm the minority, but I'm all for that situation. The amount of money needed to acquire room for another park would kneecap the incredibly ambitious plans they have for the existing two parks

Not to mention the extensive infrastructure updates that would be necessary to support a third park. You'd need to introduce a means of conveyance - buses aren't going to work forever - and you'd lose the walking distance intimacy the resort currently enjoys. Gotta provide enough new employee parking to fill the park, not to mention the guests, which the two existing garages can't hope to support if the park is a draw.

Let Islands and the Studios become 2 day parks before we worry about a third. Methinks maybe a decade or so down the line if the parks continue to grow and be successful.

I would be perfectly happy for them to stick with the parks that are there now if they keep adding to and overhauling them the way they have, and ESPECIALLY if they treat Volcano Bay the same way. That would be a particularly exciting thing to see since they haven't ever really done that at WDW's water parks.

Well I read a third UO park at the earliest will be built in like the 2020s. A third universal Orlando park I hope will be built before I'm 40!!!!!!! Lol I'm in my mid-late 20's now. Question is where would uni begin for a 3rd park in terms of land/expansion?

I'm really curious what else they have planned in the parks aside from what we already know about.

I would be perfectly happy for them to stick with the parks that are there now if they keep adding to and overhauling them the way they have, and ESPECIALLY if they treat Volcano Bay the same way. That would be a particularly exciting thing to see since they haven't ever really done that at WDW's water parks.
Yeah it's sad what Disney has done with those water parks...

20 year old Blizzard Beach has only added Downhill Double Dipper(and that was right after the park opened)...and that's it.
26 year old Typhoon Lagoon added a third slide to Humonga Cowabunga, and the Crush N Gusher ten years ago. That's it.

Pretty sad the two most visited waterparks in North America haven't spent money on new attractions in many years.

Wet N Wild and Aquatica have added at a more consistent pace...hopefully Universal will do the same with Volcano Bay.

20 year old Blizzard Beach has only added Downhill Double Dipper(and that was right after the park opened)...and that's it.
26 year old Typhoon Lagoon added a third slide to Humonga Cowabunga, and the Crush N Gusher ten years ago. That's it.

Pretty sad the two most visited waterparks in North America haven't spent money on new attractions in many years.

Wet N Wild and Aquatica have added at a more consistent pace...hopefully Universal will do the same with Volcano Bay.
I'm really hoping that Volcano Bay draws a lot of guests away from WDWs water parks and they see their attendance decline and for the first time, would actually be forced to respond to Universal by adding new attractions to their water parks to win back crowds.

Reactions: Cheezbat

This seems to be a statement that you can just change out the name and say the same thing when it comes to Disney.
Pretty sad *X Disney Property* hasn't had a major improvement in many years.

Reactions: Cheezbat
*slams hand down on table* I want a LOGO ALREADY!

I also want Cabana Bay to advertise this in the screen-printed mid-cent style that the other posters have. And a themed bus stop with light foliage, and themed drink cups for the bars, and little tiki stirrers, and...

:lol:

I am glad Universal seems committed to getting the parks they have in the best possible shape and using every bit of space etc, makes the cost of going to Universal more worth it as well.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm really hoping that Volcano Bay draws a lot of guests away from WDWs water parks and they see their attendance decline and for the first time, would actually be forced to respond to Universal by adding new attractions to their water parks to win back crowds.
I don't see it as pulling guest away from Disney water parks as much as I see keeping guest on site longer (which is great for UOR)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't see it as pulling guest away from Disney water parks as much as I see keeping guest on site longer (which is great for UOR)

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. :lol:

Water parks are there not as a draw, but as an secondary activity. Disney wants you to do Disney parks first, and use their secondary activities for your "extra" day instead of heading to Universal or SeaWorld.

Reactions: twebber55
Status
Not open for further replies.