Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well it's surely causing a Ruck cause I Live on Lucca Street in the Subdivision of Toscana and Homeowners are already feeling the Shakeyness from the Drilling..

Ironically, right after Cpt. posted:

Oh lord, I haven't clicked on the link but this just screams senior citizens or soccer moms that have nothing better to do than stir up a fuss... I'm sure their houses are fine.... Also remember these same people cause they will be the same idiots pitching a bitch when a 200ft tall Volcano and new hotel towers are visible from their kitchen sink windows lol.

they did stop after it started Thundering but I think they'll be starting up again tomorrow in the morning and throughout the Afternoon hours..

Well well, your info was very well founded then! Do you like living there otherwise? I hope you live far enough away that no cracks have developed! And thank you for posting the very telling news!

Oh lord, I haven't clicked on the link but this just screams senior citizens or soccer moms that have nothing better to do than stir up a fuss... I'm sure their houses are fine.... Also remember these same people cause they will be the same idiots pitching a bitch when a 200ft tall Volcano and new hotel towers are visible from their kitchen sink windows lol.
I'm sorry, but I fel like you don't get to comment on this. Are you living in the homes where the walls are rattling? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be happy about that either and i'm sure you wouldn't either.

You live next to a growing theme park resort, you should expect noise and issues now and then. That's a big reason why I don't live over there.
That area (Dr. Phillips) also happens to be filled with very high-end housing... it's a booming market, one of the fastest growing in Orlando.

People know where they are moving yes, but they also don't expect their house to shake.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm sorry, but I fel like you don't get to comment on this. Are you living in the homes where the walls are rattling? Because I sure as hell wouldn't be happy about that either and i'm sure you wouldn't either.

If you move in near a theme park that's been there much longer than you, you don't really have any right to complain about any of the noise or other assorted issues that come with that. Especially when you move in across the street from a site where they've had major construction plans since at least the early 90s. I mean, come on, moving in right next to a huge empty plot of land right in the middle of Tourist Central and NOT expecting an inevitable huge construction project... that's just idiotic.

Moving on from "Shake-Gate" (Yes, were calling it that now) Will Volcano Bay get it's own dedicated sub thread in the near future? I can't imagine it being miscellaneous forever. (Quite honestly I've wondered the same about Fun Spot just being labeled Fun Spot Expansion as well, but I digress)

Watching HTTYD for the umpteenth time and recalled telling you guys something months ago. Turns out, it was September 3 of last year in the old rumor thread!
You can dismiss this information right now. Many of the slides are taller than 60'. The volcano will dominate the landscape for quite the distance. As far as proportion, think of where the giant dragon lived in HTTYD. That is how it looks.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the first time the character flies his dragon successfully, the soundtrack music grazes on the beginning of this theme music below. I wracked my brain to remember what Disney thing it was from!

Remember to listen for it!

Last edited:
Moving on from "Shake-Gate" (Yes, were calling it that now) Will Volcano Bay get it's own dedicated sub thread in the near future? I can't imagine it being miscellaneous forever. (Quite honestly I've wondered the same about Fun Spot just being labeled Fun Spot Expansion as well, but I digress)
That's a good point... as a new park/water park, Volcano Bay deserves it's own section.

If you move in near a theme park that's been there much longer than you, you don't really have any right to complain about any of the noise or other assorted issues that come with that. Especially when you move in across the street from a site where they've had major construction plans since at least the early 90s. I mean, come on, moving in right next to a huge empty plot of land right in the middle of Tourist Central and NOT expecting an inevitable huge construction project... that's just idiotic.

Reminds me of the people here in Az who moved out by Luke AFB. It has been there for many years on its own. the city started spreading closer to it. Then BAM, idiots complaining about the noise of the jets. Im sorry, you were after.....not before. You KNEW it was there when you moved. So shut up.

Reactions: kimlovesfl
Status
Not open for further replies.