Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that slide looks like a blast. What water park is that at currently?

That slide looks awesome, but also looks like it would take up quite a bit of space even if it were a stacked layout.

Like JungleSkip, I think we'll be seeing a few "firsts" in slides with Volcano Bay.

Teebin, since you have aluded in the past that there might be a proslide superloop slide (I think you mentioned skybox once and the superloop is the most used slide with that now), do you think that Universal might go for the tallest one of these in the world?

I think a superloop slide 170ft tall with clear plastic tubes would be one of the greatest things ever. Would be one heck of a rush as well, Aquatica's superloop is only about 85ft I think and what a rush that is already, twice as high ... that would just be incredible, have it drop 30ft first, then a gradual leveling so the slide can turn safely into the helix element ...

Teebin, since you have aluded in the past that there might be a proslide superloop slide (I think you mentioned skybox once and the superloop is the most used slide with that now), do you think that Universal might go for the tallest one of these in the world?

I don't know the max height drop but only that it was referred to as "1 Feature Height - Trap Door / Free-Fall". All the other trap-drops appear to be between 70'-100'.

Now we could get all cute with the word Feature and use it as a noun as in the Volcano, or as a verb as in Special.

Reactions: anihilnation
Thanks Teebin! If they have a superloop getting close to 200ft I'd be very happy.
I also hope they'll have a Behemot Bowl, they can nicely theme the inside of this to an erupting volcano thing, so you slide around and around while the central feature keeps on spitting 'lava'.

Didn't they hit a fire ant nest during the foundation work that slowed/stopped them for a few days? That's my guess on what he's referring to.

If that is what you were told then it is interesting, otherwise, I find it hard to believe. Gopher Tortoises yes, fire ants not. Central Florida wouldn't be horribly over developed if it had been up to fire ants stopping projects. (unless... Universal forbid any pesticide being used to bring the colony to its knees within hours.)

To create the new water park, Volcano Bay, Mr. Woodbury said he sent his team on a round-the-world tour of existing water parks. “We want to build something that is totally groundbreaking,” he said. “What’s the state of the art and how can we surpass that?”

This gives me hope for something unique and spectacular and makes me really jealous I don't work for UC and not on the waterpark team.

The current record holder for tallest slide with a trap door is 121 feet tall at Kentucky Kingdom. Not a Superloop, but straight down slide similar to Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach.

For the 8 persons Hydromagnetic slide, that was an option that Holiday World originally ordered for the Prototype there. They had concerns for capacity, but the 6 passengers round rafts did the job. What did those boats look like? Like the regular Rocket rafts, but two across and it probably tames the ride a lot since there would be no spinning.

Proslide also introduced a new 6 persons raft this year at Everland in South Korea. "MegaStorm" is a Hydromagnetic Mammoth/Tornado hybrid and it has an awesome mountain side setting.

image_display_origin.php

image_display_origin.php

Status
Not open for further replies.