Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the biggest pitfall for any water park. Hot concrete on your bare feet and carrying up those stupid tubes up a bunch of stairs. But quite a few water parks have the conveyor belt that sends the tubes to the top so I'm sure they'll have it.
I remember those days at Blizzard Beach walking (sprinting?) up the burning hot stairs to the top of Mount Gushmore because the lift was too long. It was something like 9 or 10 flights of stairs and maybe 2 or 3 would have sprinklers. Glow in the dark sand is cool and all, but I want every square inch of walk way to ooze water or something!

It's the biggest pitfall for any water park. Hot concrete on your bare feet and carrying up those stupid tubes up a bunch of stairs. But quite a few water parks have the conveyor belt that sends the tubes to the top so I'm sure they'll have it.

I agree. WnW already has the conveyer system in place for Surge, Disco H2O, Brain Wash, and Flyer - i.e., the 4-person tubes. IIRC, the other water parks have conveyers for the multi-person rides as well.

I figure retrieving the tube at the top (or very close to) of the slide is essential for a brand new water park.
Now if you rode to the top for them all, that would be way cooler.

Carrying a tube to the top is so 1990s.

I figure retrieving the tube at the top (or very close to) of the slide is essential for a brand new water park.
Now if you rode to the top for them all, that would be way cooler.

Carrying a tube to the top is so 1990s.
I love the water coasters that have you ride up the conveyors...it seems so much more like a roller coaster or theme park ride.

I think all the group rides should be this way, instead of having to hike up seven flights of stairs. This would make waterparks so much more accessible to larger groups of people.

When I stayed in Savannah and watched the construction of that water park, the wave pool was one of the last concrete things built. The did the vertical structures (slides, buildings, and whatnot) then the lazy river (leaving some sections undone to allow trucks to get through, then the wave pool.

Great photo's, thanks!
That dirt wall looks huge, it must be 2 stories high at least, will that stay there?
It would look great with planting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.