Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.....
universal_s_volcano_bay_rendering.jpg

Is the deep foundation they have poured as close to the exit ramp as it appears in the zoom photos? If so, that is not where the volcano is/was going. What they have thus far is a bunch of raised columns. I am beginning to wonder if the water filtration systems will be located underground to save space.

Just musing as I have no idea of the details on this project.

I have had the concept painting as my desktop for the past few weeks. It has struck me in this time how much bigger this project is, with more slides than earlier conceived. I recall the lightbulb guy on "that other" website suggested months ago that the budget for this had been cut. I am seeing the exact opposite to be honest with you, with many slides either new or greatly enhanced. The balcony and drop below very much news to me.

As a reminder, the concept art has one looking west south-west. I-4 exit ramp on the left and gated community on the right, beyond Turkey Lake Road.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Same person saying budget was cut on Gringotts after years of planning and filming for two years? Yeah, exactly.

Um... the budget *was* cut... physical animatronics, specifically.

I have no idea about any Volcano Bay budget changes (the concept art looks great), but let's be accurate.

Um... the budget *was* cut... physical animatronics, specifically.

I have no idea about any Volcano Bay budget changes (the concept art looks great), but let's be accurate.

I'm pretty sure Gringotts actually went over budget due to the massive amount of coin invested in training tradesmen and dozens of kids straight out of college. So while physically effects may of been cut or changed / scaled back it was because of other aspects of thr project going over budget not the budget itself being slashed. So yes let's be accurate

I'm pretty sure Gringotts actually went over budget due to the massive amount of coin invested in training tradesmen and dozens of kids straight out of college. So while physically effects may of been cut or changed / scaled back it was because of other aspects of thr project going over budget not the budget itself being slashed. So yes let's be accurate
That's all well and good. Things get cut from everything. But if it was poor budget management that led to the cut, then that's another issue unto itself.

Reactions: Clive

The way it was presented to me was, the budget was slashed (all physical animated elements/animatronics cut)... then the slashed budget suffered overruns.

I suppose at this point it's he said she said. But I trust what I've heard on this.

The way it was presented to me was, the budget was slashed (all physical animated elements/animatronics cut)... then the slashed budget suffered overruns.

I suppose at this point it's he said she said. But I trust what I've heard on this.

Where were theses to be featured? Considering all film segments were filmed years before they couldn't just add more screens.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Where were theses to be featured? Considering all film segments were filmed years before they couldn't just add more screens.

There was going to be an animatronic dragon -- you can actually see the miniature for it in some of the models. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I have had the concept painting as my desktop for the past few weeks. It has struck me in this time how much bigger this project is, with more slides than earlier conceived. I recall the lightbulb guy on "that other" website suggested months ago that the budget for this had been cut. I am seeing the exact opposite to be honest with you, with many slides either new or greatly enhanced. The balcony and drop below very much news to me.

As a reminder, the concept art has one looking west south-west. I-4 exit ramp on the left and gated community on the right, beyond Turkey Lake Road.
Hopefully this is true. This Waterpark will need all the slides it can get to help with the massive crowds that will descend upon this place. I remember going to Aquatica on its grand opening day. I got there an hour plus before park opening, and there was a line winding down International drive to get in...by the time I made it to the gate, the park was already at capacity.

Aaaaah... now I have changed my mind... that first picture tells me that it is the base structure for the volcano. I am a bit baffled by a few things, but what do I know. Thanks awhen! Love your updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.