Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot of land is bigger than WnW and around the same sq. footage as Typhoon Lagoon & Aquatica I believe.
Exactly. People are always pulling up bad sources that include the parking lots & back buildings on theme parks & water parks acreage. Typhoon, Blizzard & Aquatica true water park only acreage is apx. the same as Volcano Bay.

This is the first picture I have seen that you can see people standing among the columns. Look how deep that is!!!

from @D987
CNL19jeWsAAq8wa.jpg

Reactions: maxairmike
Exactly. People are always pulling up bad sources that include the parking lots & back buildings on theme parks & water parks acreage. Typhoon, Blizzard & Aquatica true water park only acreage is apx. the same as Volcano Bay.
Exactly. The actual acreage of just the guest areas of the water parks range between 25-30 acres...and Volcano Bay is about 30-35 acres, so very close. I expect the park to have at least as many attractions at Aquatica or Blizzard Beach...hopefully more.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is the first picture I have seen that you can see people standing among the columns. Look how deep that is!!!

from @D987
CNL19jeWsAAq8wa.jpg

Hmm...this makes more sense to me now. I had seen height numbers much greater than 200' on the volcano and couldn't square it with the information you've shared. Now, I realize that they've dug quite deep so we're not counting from ground level!

^ I don't believe it was Woodbury's intentions to have 30' of his volcano hidden from view. I personally read it as being an example of how deep they must dig to support 200' or more likely that this is where all the massive pump systems will be hidden from view using no visual real estate.

Reactions: Cheezbat
^ I don't believe it was Woodbury's intentions to have 30' of his volcano hidden from view. I personally read it as being an example of how deep they must dig to support 200' or more likely that this is where all the massive pump systems will be hidden from view using no visual real estate.

That's only 30' deep? If so, this volcano is going to still be much more than 200' in the air.

Isn't 200 ft. the FAA restriction level, blinking lights and all? So I would doubt it would go over that height.
They could put a really big red blinking light on it and make it look like it's erupting. Or just make it 199'.

I'm going to make a educated guess. I don't think its going over 300' Ft but I don't think its going under 225' Ft. If i'm wagering, 265 Ft' tall will be the maximum height of this.

Isn't 200 ft. the FAA restriction level, blinking lights and all? So I would doubt it would go over that height.

Yeah it is and it is not going over 200 feet. Christ, the press release stated 200'! Some of these people jigger it a little too long and become dazed in their fantasy. :look: Next week, it will be the height of the Chrysler Building!

Last edited:
Yeah it is and it is not going over 200 feet. Christ, the press release stated 200'! Some of these people jigger it a little to long and become dazed in their fantasy. :look: Next week, it will be the height of the Chrysler Building!

Which press release are you referring to because there is nothing from Universal that says 200'?

It was one of them which of course I cannot find. I remember reading and typing that Woodbury got his way because the release bragged 200'!

200' is what he wanted and the team was concerned that it might not be funded; that it would be whittled down to 150' or 160'.

source: A contract member of said team.

So, if you want to tell everyone here that another member of the UC team told you personally that it will be 265', you go for it! I ain't arguing with you about it. ;)

It was one of them which of course I cannot find. I remember reading and typing that Woodbury got his way because the release bragged 200'!

200' is what he wanted and the team was concerned that it might not be funded; that it would be whittled down to 150' or 160'.

source: A contract member of said team.

So, if you want to tell everyone here that another member of the UC team told you personally that it will be 265', you go for it! I ain't arguing with you about it. ;)

I didn't say 265'.

However, I am looking at a document right now on Project 533 that specifically mentions elevations of 208', 250', and 298' in reference to a "structural steel frame."

Status
Not open for further replies.