Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is part of the wavepool inside the volcano? Also wondered, could it be done so that the wavepool and lazy river connect?

Stupid oversized ferris wheel. Lol.

The rivers don't connect to my very limited knowledge.

I guess you didn't watch the videos of the drop tank systems at other parks? Above the twelve(?) holes circled in green are individual mega-gallon chambers with release valves just above each hole. They are all filled after a wave is released and once they are all filled, the release valves open and drop the water which creates the big waves.

Also, if you look at the artwork there is a slide very near the top, would this be the world's tallest water slide?

First, they have always been shooting for 199'-200' but it was never confirmed that the height was cleared by those with the bucks.

Yes, I am wondering if they will be shooting for the tallest water slide in the USA. They won't go for the worlds biggest I don't think.

The rivers don't connect to my very limited knowledge.

I guess you didn't watch the videos of the drop tank systems at other parks? Above the twelve(?) holes circled in green are individual mega-gallon chambers with release valves just above each hole. They are all filled after a wave is released and once they are all filled, the release valves open and drop the water which creates the big waves.

First, they have always been shooting for 199'-200' but it was never confirmed that the height was cleared by those with the bucks.

Yes, I am wondering if they will be shooting for the tallest water slide in the USA. They won't go for the worlds biggest I don't think.

The current tallest is verruckt at Schlitterbahn in Kansas City. That's 168ft tall. The first test run of that ride was...interesting to say the least.

This was the first test test run of Verrückt - Schlitterbahn Kansas City - Still Interested? - I Love St. Joseph Mo

I don't think so. The reason it works in a water park is because there are a lot of non--queue things to do. In a normal park there is less. Could they do it on select rides or shows, sure, but park wide? Probably not.

Remember everyone. I told you some time ago that they were considering queueless for the new Fallon attraction. I am not sure where that idea is at this point. They appear to be keeping much of the queue which baffles me a bit.

Reactions: Ryno27
Ahem..

Oh, was that the one where the raft was flying into the air and off the track? One cannot fly off a track inside a tube nor will the track be straight... it will be designed with curves to slow one down. No speed records will be had at VB.

upload_2016-1-5_19-20-52.png
(I Thought it'd be funny or..just, to easy to do. If you don't like it, sue me.)

I am interested to see HOW the Virtual line works for VB, as it could prove to be either a major success, or a major nightmare. If anything, probably both..

Funny... and you are a goony goon!

Well, your one to talk in that level also.

Anyways...with Hulk and Kong, when their finished; is it best to assume that the team for Kong will go to VB to work over there and Hulk to go to the Fallon/F&F projects? I don't know how that'll work, but its a good question to raise.

Oh, was that the one where the raft was flying into the air and off the track? One cannot fly off a track inside a tube nor will the track be straight... it will be designed with curves to slow one down. No speed records will be had at VB.
I am assuming they'll have a couple proslide superloops, probably at different heights, would be really nice if they'd have one from near the top of the volcano, say at 170ft, skybox of course, begins with a 70ft drop then going into the helix part. I have done Aquatica's Ihu quite a few times already and it is awesome, really intense, one of the best rides there is.

The big issue I'm having with the virtual line idea is how it's going to be managed by the visitors? Are they going to have a device telling them when to head to the ride for their shot?

If so, will they need to pay a deposit for said device? Will it be able too attach to your swimwear easy enough? What happens if you lose it or break it?

If it's not an electric device, will it just be a ticket? If so, where will you store it? Will the ink be water proof? Will their be clocks every where so you know what the time is? Where do you collect the ticket from? (The last thing you want to do is walk to the top of the volcano to be told to come back in 30mins)

How crowded will the pools get with everybody waiting there? Will every ride have to have a virtual queue?

So many questions.

The big issue I'm having with the virtual line idea is how it's going to be managed by the visitors? Are they going to have a device telling them when to head to the ride for their shot?

If so, will they need to pay a deposit for said device? Will it be able too attach to your swimwear easy enough? What happens if you lose it or break it?

If it's not an electric device, will it just be a ticket? If so, where will you store it? Will the ink be water proof? Will their be clocks every where so you know what the time is? Where do you collect the ticket from? (The last thing you want to do is walk to the top of the volcano to be told to come back in 30mins)

How crowded will the pools get with everybody waiting there? Will every ride have to have a virtual queue?

So many questions.
Sounds like MyMagic+

Reactions: Ryno27 and Clive

So many questions.

I am very skeptical about this as well. Also, can I queue for more than one ride? How does this really change anything? Instead of waiting in line I am just waiting somewhere else. So do I go to the ride entrance to queue for the ride, then I can go to wherever I want to wait, then walk back to the ride when it is my time. Seems to me like this would also be a lot of work for the attendants. I can see this be useful though when it is very busy, but when waits remain below minutes, then I think this would slow things down. Also, what if during your wait you decide to eat and you show up 10 minutes late? What if randomly people show up a few minutes late?

My guess is it will be a waterproof band. Maybe display the time, maybe not. Maybe beep 5 minutes before your scheduled ride, maybe not. You will be able to enter the virtual queues via kiosks around the park or your smart phone. I believe you will be able to schedule several all at once making the trip back to your locker or kiosk it worth it. I think there will be a time window, probably 30 minutes, but I can see as short as 15 minutes. If I had to guess I would say that 2 hours after park opening if a queue has consistently been below 10 minutes they may turn virtual queuing off for that ride. So basically you can just get in line. If waits become bad again they turn on queuing. But honestly this is pretty complex, so not sure they will do that. My guess is the scanning machines would be at the beginning of the line so that prevents people from walking all the way up to realize they had the wrong time. They can easily do this for a water park. Keep in mind some things won't be on virtual queuing. Wave Pool, Lazy rivers (2), and kiddie areas. So there will be enough space (especially with 2 lazy rivers) that virtual queuing would work. Think on a normal water park day how many people are in line and how much open space is available in all those other areas. Plus this park will have an extra lazy river. I also think they may have better food options than a traditional water park.

Reactions: Ryno27
I am assuming they'll have a couple proslide superloops, probably at different heights, would be really nice if they'd have one from near the top of the volcano, say at 170ft, skybox of course, begins with a 70ft drop then going into the helix part. I have done Aquatica's Ihu quite a few times already and it is awesome, really intense, one of the best rides there is.

I've done Ihu 3 times in 2 visits, and while I love the thrill and speed, ProSlide and the others need to come up with a coating for the slides to eliminate the seams. Every time my wife looks at my back and asks if I was whipped, and it isn't a great feeling during the slide. It does sting a bit after, and goes away quickly, but I'm always like "Owww, oww, oww, oww!" going down and feeling each seam along the way. Gotta be a way to overlay a clear coat that lasts to get rid of the painful seams at faster speeds.

Reactions: MrRoamer
I've done Ihu 3 times in 2 visits, and while I love the thrill and speed, ProSlide and the others need to come up with a coating for the slides to eliminate the seams. Every time my wife looks at my back and asks if I was whipped, and it isn't a great feeling during the slide. It does sting a bit after, and goes away quickly, but I'm always like "Owww, oww, oww, oww!" going down and feeling each seam along the way. Gotta be a way to overlay a clear coat that lasts to get rid of the painful seams at faster speeds.

Never have that problem on Ihu. Dolphin Plunge I find very rough on the back though.

I tend to stay away from slides that don't have a raft or some form of protection from those seems. They seriously do a number on my back and head.

Status
Not open for further replies.