Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Express pass only cuts your wait time in half on average. If USF pulled even close to the crowds that MK gets, Express would be a mess too.
Can't agree with you on that. Universal crowds are not really much different from the other three WDW parks. Now if Express had been extended to more on site hotels and it's cost considerably lowered it might be different. But cost and only three hotel exclusiveness keeps those lines down. I can't ever remember being in an Express line for more than 5, 10 minutes tops, and usually it's a walk on. I was in a lot of really long WDW fast pass lines for ten days last fall at all four Disney parks.

I would love to know what their response is on the magic bands. I would also love a pm of the secret part of the email to see if it is something I already know about. I would enjoy if it was not something that I was aware of.

Can't agree with you on that. Universal crowds are not really much different from the other three WDW parks. Now if Express had been extended to more on site hotels and it's cost considerably lowered it might be different. But cost and only three hotel exclusiveness keeps those lines down. I can't ever remember being in an Express line for more than 5, 10 minutes tops, and usually it's a walk on. I was in a lot of really long WDW fast pass lines for ten days last fall at all four Disney parks.

I really think it depends on the season and individual experiences. I have waited in equal lines in both parks in their express lines. I have also had equal amount of walk on in express/fast pass.

Express pass only cuts your wait time in half on average. If USF pulled even close to the crowds that MK gets, Express would be a mess too.
That's not really true. The price charged for Express goes up the busier the park is. Therefore limiting the amount of people using the system. And your "only cuts your wait time in half" statistic is completely made up and not close to fact during peak periods.

I really think it depends on the season and individual experiences. I have waited in equal lines in both parks in their express lines. I have also had equal amount of walk on in express/fast pass.
This is quite true.
You know, I still see people use their express pass sometimes for rides with high capacity and the wait is only 5 or 15 minutes. Do you think people are that impatient? Or does everyone try and use the express because it's free? (Assuming they are a guest)

Interesting you bring this up. I just received a survey from Universal asking if I've ever used a number of tech devices, one of them being Magic Bands, plus a couple of other things using similar technology.......I also received a second survey but it was marked confidential and not permitted to divulge the subject matter.
I got that as well. It also mentioned other wearable technologies currently in use, like Royal Carribean's version of the MagicBand and athletic wearables.

I would love to know what their response is on the magic bands. I would also love a pm of the secret part of the email to see if it is something I already know about. I would enjoy if it was not something that I was aware of.

It was a pretty meaningless questionnaire, heck they bragged it was only 1 question long. Pretty much covered the type of technology we use such as tablets, smart phones, Apple Pay, and other things.

The UO parks' infrastructure is not made for all the visitors to be virtual queuing. I feel like a park would have to be purpose-built for that.

This is an important point and one Disney really bungled up. Queue capacity is an integral part of theme park design and crowd control and simply removing the guests from the queues sounds good in theory till you realize the parks were designed decades ago for queues. This is one of the largest flaws and issues with the MM+ system.

It was a pretty meaningless questionnaire, heck they bragged it was only 1 question long. Pretty much covered the type of technology we use such as tablets, smart phones, Apple Pay, and other things.

This is an important point and one Disney really bungled up. Queue capacity is an integral part of theme park design and crowd control and simply removing the guests from the queues sounds good in theory till you realize the parks were designed decades ago for queues. This is one of the largest flaws and issues with the MM+ system.
Bring out more Straight Outta Food Trucks the people must be entertained!!

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Just curious: any predictions on when you think VB will open?

Spring break? Easter week(end)? Memorial Day weekend? Early June?

I wonder what would make sense.

I don't believe they are shooting for June as that wouldn't make sense. I think you are closer when you think of April and I would be so bold as to say possibly mid February. Keep in mind, I have NO idea what they are shooting for. Mark is playing coy with sending me their gantt chart... Give me time. ;)

I don't believe they are shooting for June as that wouldn't make sense. I think you are closer when you think of April and I would be so bold as to say possibly mid February. Keep in mind, I have NO idea what they are shooting for. Mark is playing coy with sending me their gantt chart... Give me time. ;)
Woodbury is so inconsiderate at times. :lol:

My money is on soft opening in March, official opening in April. Water parks are dependent on the seasons even more than your typical park or attraction, so if this park is supposed to be as technologically advanced as they say, they'll want a good shakedown before the summer crowds descend. There is also a precedent in Aquatica and Blizzard Beach which opened in March and April, respectively. I could also see them wanting to spread their openings apart for marketing purposes, say Volcano Bay in April, Fallon in May, Fast and Furious in June. UNLESS they are taking the opportunity of this big year for a re-branding initiative for the entire resort, maybe then they would want to open everything all at once.

Reactions: Journey_On
I'm thinking Volcano Bay softs in March & opening in April. Fallon softs in May opening in June. Fast & Furious, with significant alterations from Hollywood, pushed back to a Holiday 2017 opening. Lots of opportunities for Marketing.

Reactions: Journey_On
If that means another 125 feet on top of the 200 feet that the volcano is supposed to be, then... damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.