Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loews.

Universal stays out of the hotel operation business and just contracts it over.
Yeah, I'm a big Lowes fan. I've always been treated well. Excellent very friendly employees always attentive to our needs. Great rooms, restaurants, pools and other amenities. And they've always done as much as they can to accommodate us with a room, as long as there were adequate vacancies, that were located where we wanted. As an example: They've always given me a balcony room at Portofino for no extra charge, and there's only about 70 of them.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yeah, I'm a big Lowes fan. I've always been treated well. Excellent very friendly employees always attentive to our needs. Great rooms, restaurants, pools and other amenities. And they've always done as much as they can to accommodate us with a room, as long as there were adequate vacancies, that were located where we wanted. As an example: They've always given me a balcony room at Portofino for no extra charge, and there's only about 70 of them.

Do you know if they do anything for birthdays? It's my wife's birthday when we're there and it would be a nice surprise.

Reactions: anihilnation
Do you know if they do anything for birthdays? It's my wife's birthday when we're there and it would be a nice surprise.
Sorry, that's not something I've ever looked into. Maybe an email or call to the front desk of CBBR will help. Note: CBBR is managed by Lowes but it's not a Lowes branded hotel. So it's not included with their rewards program.

Reactions: Scott W.
Lowes, that is why I don't get an AP discount at the hotels
They often do APH discounts once it's within a few months of the booking date. Just type in APH where it says promotions & it will tell you if the rate is available for your dates once the search comes up. Example: I got about an extra $20 a night off (in addition to the regular extra nights discount rate) for Portofino for May when I booked in Jan. But, for my Sept./Oct. vacation the APH discounts aren't available yet. You just need to keep checking about once a month & sooner or later they'll pop up. All you need do is show your AP when you check in, but on the site they don't ask for your card number.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I meant at the restaurants, Starbucks in CBBR does not give me a discount but in CW they do. I do get APH on the rooms.

I edited my original post

And another edit that I should be getting a discount so I will have to take this up with the manager there

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog

I have to take my hat off to Bio, he was in Bush Gardens last week always in Universal, hits WDW and Seaworld on a regular basis and shares it all with us. Makes my day each time I see the pics.

VB is growing and should be giving us lots of progress for the next year. Any evidence of the CBBR buildings? All I see are some oddly placed footings in some of the pictures from Nearmap.

I think out of anything going on, I am so excited to see this park come to life. Its great having a place like OU where the progress of a theme/water park can be documented!

Reactions: Teebin and Cheezbat
12776693_1054901397865866_784161279_o.jpg

Looks like there is a fair few slide pieces ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.