Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we speculate on wether the I-4 ramp will be visible from inside the park?

Sometimes I'm impressed by Uni's magical use of horticulture, and other times I'm ridiculously disappointed.

Reactions: Ryno27
Can we speculate on wether the I-4 ramp will be visible from inside the park?

Sometimes I'm impressed by Uni's magical use of horticulture, and other times I'm ridiculously disappointed.

I'd doubt it, I expect there to be trees blocking out everything at ground level. I think any views from the Volcano will be facing towards the rest of the resort. As for the other rides, there's only so much you can do but once you pass a certain height, you can't really block anything out.

Reactions: Mike S and Teebin
no idea what I was shooting...I imagine some part might be for one of Cabana's new towers:

Thanks for the pics... just what I've been waiting for! For those who know more than me, will the "ground level" of the park be at the top of that dirt ramp in the last pic? Meaning most of what we see of that main structure they've been working on would be underground?

Looking at these photos, the new towers at Cabana Bay are going to offer some really spectacular views of Volcano Bay.

You're right! At the risk of sounding creepy... those towers could offer some of the best people watching opportunities in Orlando.

I found it interesting how similarly the plot of land for Volcano Bay is to Yas Waterworld is Abu Dhabi. Take a look.

yas-waterworld-abu-dhabi-135.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
I found it interesting how similarly the plot of land for Volcano Bay is to Yas Waterworld is Abu Dhabi. Take a look.

yas-waterworld-abu-dhabi-135.jpg

It certainly is on a triangular peninsula and has a wave pool facing away from the point of the land area.

The good news is that it is located in Abu Dhabi. What are the rules of the road in Abu Dhabi? Kingdom? Public displays of affection? No hand chopping? Woman's rights, gay rights etc. etc. etc. High tech for antiquity.

Sorry for the geo political opinion, but I am so tired of the middle east.

Last edited:
What do you consider a water roller coaster? A picture or link would be helpful.

IamFloridaBorn can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe what they're talking about is one of ProSlide's water coasters. Something like their Hydromagnetic Rocket.

HydroMAGNETIC ROCKET: 4-man water bobsled

In all honesty, I hope VB does get one of those since those are honestly the best of their kind on the market. (Pretty wicked airtime machines!)

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Yeah... I told everyone here over a year ago that a hydromagnetic slide is coming. Old news I am afraid.

What I'm quite curious to see is how they're going to manage the movement of the inflatables and body mats from the end of the ride to the start of it. I'm imagining a maze of tunnel pathwys through the Volcano so not a lot of room for people to be carrying inflatables.

Reactions: Ryno27
It certainly is on a triangular peninsula and has a wave pool facing away from the point of the land area.

The good news is that it is located in Abu Dhabi. What are the rules of the road in Abu Dhabi? Kingdom? Public displays of affection? No hand chopping? Woman's rights, gay rights etc. etc. etc. High tech for antiquity.

Sorry for the geo political opinion, but I am so tired of the middle east.

I had the very fortunate opportunity to visit Yas Waterworld during it's opening week. I had an excellent time and the theming was pretty stellar. If I recall correctly, the central structure that they used had a raft lift built into it, but I believe some slides you had to bring up a singles tube or mat for. The rollercoaster was functioning however the interactive water spraying feature was not. It wasn't anything spectacular but the interactive features may have added re-rideability.

Part of the reason I had such a good time was because of the short lines. I'm not sure if it was just the day I visited or maybe marketing had a late start but everything was a walk on! The waterpark used the silicone RFID bands to open lockers which was much nicer than having to carry a key around. I too was a little worried about what I could wear since I had heard the UAE were against showing much skin, but I didn't have any problems wearing normal swim trunks. I have some videos kicking around that I've been meaning to make into a trip report video for some time now. Perhaps I'll start that...

Waterworld Pano. by Shaun Ferguson, on Flickr

Reactions: Mad Dog
What I'm quite curious to see is how they're going to manage the movement of the inflatables and body mats from the end of the ride to the start of it. I'm imagining a maze of tunnel pathwys through the Volcano so not a lot of room for people to be carrying inflatables.
The larger slides will probably have conveyors for the rafts...and maybe the water coaster will be built like many of the newer Proslide ones with a conveyor lift hill the guests ride up! (I actually love that feature...so much more like a roller coaster and it really builds the anticipation!)

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
That was a pretty lousy ride anyway. It was like the Pterydon Flyers with squirt guns attached.
My point was that I have hopes for something water roller coaster ish. The ride I said and Journey To Atlantis is the best examples . There is no definitive definition for water roller coaster but I know what I see in my head haha

Reactions: Mad Dog
The larger slides will probably have conveyors for the rafts...and maybe the water coaster will be built like many of the newer Proslide ones with a conveyor lift hill the guests ride up! (I actually love that feature...so much more like a roller coaster and it really builds the anticipation!)

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.