Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six Flags doesn't build parks, they buy them (The last park they built was in the 70s). Also, since Atlanta is only 8 hours away, it would probably eat into the attendance there.
That would make sense, but if they are more regional, our visitors in Florida wouldn't or shouldn't affect the people in Georgia right? Being that those parks are mostly regional.

Here we go, finally, I knew we were due some updates from MickeyXtreme any time soon as I also expect Mako Madness to also get some good images soon:

The wave pool looks pretty big however I am starting to doubt if it will have similar waves to typhoon lagoon due to its shape. I guess we will have to simply wait and see!

Last edited:
7KkKQHs.jpg

This area that's circled, will this be like a small wave generator for the lazy river?

Reactions: Nick and Ryno27
Don't all hate me.

But, anybody else surprised by the slides so far? They all seem pretty off-the-shelf. Maybe the hype was too high, or I'm not seeing something. But, I expected to be seeing something different than what I'm seeing so far. Obviously, theming will play a huge part of this park. But, I was expecting to start seeing some differentiation once the slides starting being assembled.

Reactions: UAN17
Don't all hate me.

But, anybody else surprised by the slides so far? They all seem pretty off-the-shelf. Maybe the hype was too high, or I'm not seeing something. But, I expected to be seeing something different than what I'm seeing so far. Obviously, theming will play a huge part of this park. But, I was expecting to start seeing some differentiation once the slides starting being assembled.

Yes, I rode one the other day...very painful..not returning

Don't all hate me.

I think they need to balance it out, not everything can be amazing and state of the art and they need some good old fashioned rides to eat the crowds.

@quinnmac000 posted a good video recently showing what can be done with theming inside the tubes, so there's always hope that there's more than meets the eye.

From the outside most slides look pretty similar. More importantly, I think the ones they are putting up at the moment are just the more generic ones, the more special ones will be by the Volcano, and of course there will be the water coaster. If memory serves me right, concept art showed a more generic slide tower at the far left of the picture.

Don't all hate me.

HATE

I'm not worried, there will be water coasters and all sorts of cool stuff. Half the fun will be the theming.

Reactions: anihilnation
Don't all hate me.

I mean, we're seeing a single slide compound.

Even then, not every ride is going to be a new concept

Reactions: maxairmike
Don't all hate me.

Essentially look at all water parks. All the outside theming is very dull unless its get dressed up to look pretty but some have really cool light effects on the inside. Right now they are just building the shell, unless we actually get someone on site to show the slide pieces you will never know what effects they may have. However, with the lazy river running underneath those 4 slides, I'm sure they will be heavily themed.

Don't all hate me.

Don't buy into the "water theme park" hype. :lol: You shouldn't be surprised to see water slides at a water park.

This area that's circled, will this be like a small wave generator for the lazy river?

Hopefully so, a while back when the lazy river started construction a couple on here mentioned how deep it looked, maybe this is the reason due to a small wave generator? I hope so anyway, I've always liked the idea of a rapids rather than a lazy river.

Little bit more of the light green slide constructed compared to the MickeyXtreme pictures yesterday:

No the clearest of photos below but better than nothing!

Hopefully those two cranes positioned ideally each side of the volcano will have some kind of all out assault on those piles of steel each side and have that thing up in no time, I'm so impatient :lol:

(***UPDATED***) Latest pictures, this time wildgravity travels have added their website link in the tweet for better photos:

Can't wait to see the other side of the volcano start construction and really start to take shape and give us a better idea of its true scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.