Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of each type of Mat Racer:

The ProRacer. In this picture, its the prototype at Proslide's own Mont Cascades.

Proracer%20Probowl%20Mont%20Cascades%202_zpspiyamq0u.jpg

The OctopusRacer. This is the prototype at Kings Island.

Proto%20Octopus%20Racer_zpsqcgggwzy.jpg

The KrakenRacer. This was the second built at Great Escape in Upstate NY.

Kraken%20Racer%20Great%20Escape%202_zpsogad4tnc.jpg

Reactions: JeeringSizlak
Lest we forget Mummy being THE WORLD'S FIRST PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILL RIDE.

THAT is what I was thinking of but couldn't remember. What a joke. Spider Man was more psychological for me as back in 1999 I really thought I was going to die falling to the concrete. As we fell, I thought "I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!" and I was serious.

The reason it came to mind was because of the talk about mat racing slides and Aqua Drag Racer isn't that old but thinking about it now, I don't think it would be that simple to just paint it since the plastic is colour molded when made.

With Aqua Drag Racer being the newest ride, I thought they would think of moving it to VB. Especially since it has flames painted on the sides - kind of fits in with the volcano theme, yeah? :)

I haven't been following the construction of Volcano Bay too closely, but I was able to get some good views during my stay at Cabana Bay last week and took some video. (I loved Cabana Bay Beach Resort btw, my new favorite on-site hotel!)

After seeing it from high up, the plot of land is much bigger than it looks driving by on I-4. More photos and screenshots here.

And as for as people being disappointed already in this park... I am disappointed in them for pre-judging something so early.

Even in their original original plans drawn up for drainage permits they always had clearly visible slides in the far corner of the lot. I'm certain this is meant to be visible from I-4 and other nearby roads. And they aren't as themed as the other rides maybe so that people passing by know that it's a water park just by a glance. Just my opinion.

Original plans:
wp-drainageplan.jpg

Slides by roads:
wp-planslides_small1.jpg

And I tell you what, this thing is gonna look amazing from Cabana Bay's pool:

P1070341-768x576.jpg

You can see the volcano from all the room windows in the towers facing the pool and even from the Diner windows. Gonna be impressive when it's done!

So the Garage for Cabana Bay is strictly for Cabana Bay?
Yes, it takes a room key to get to it. Although the one pictured in the video I took is a new garage being built now, not the existing one for the hotel. No telling what the new one will be for, but I would guess employee parking on top for VB and bus drop-off below. As far as I know VB guest parking will be done at the same main garages as the theme parks.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Yes, it takes a room key to get to it. Although the one pictured in the video I took is a new garage being built now, not the existing one for the hotel. No telling what the new one will be for, but I would guess employee parking on top for VB and bus drop-off below. As far as I know VB guest parking will be done at the same main garages as the theme parks.
Adventure way is going to be even more crowded. Hoping Universal communicates effectively to potential Volcano Bay customers that they must park in the twin garages. Hoping they upgrade and promote pedestrian effectiveness as well.

Reactions: anihilnation
Thanks. I believe the new parking garage is primarily intended to make up space for the 400 rooms. Perhaps they will VIP it for special VB guests.
That makes sense, but it didn't look to me like they're going much taller than one story. If they do, it's gonna be a terrible view for that side of one of the towers, just seeing a parking garage out the window instead of Sapphire Falls across the street. (I guess that'll help them push pool-side rooms for the upcost.)

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I haven't been following the construction of Volcano Bay too closely, but I was able to get some good views during my stay at Cabana Bay last week and took some video. (I loved Cabana Bay Beach Resort btw, my new favorite on-site hotel!)

After seeing it from high up, the plot of land is much bigger than it looks driving by on I-4. More photos and screenshots here.

And as for as people being disappointed already in this park... I am disappointed in them for pre-judging something so early.

Even in their original original plans drawn up for drainage permits they always had clearly visible slides in the far corner of the lot. I'm certain this is meant to be visible from I-4 and other nearby roads. And they aren't as themed as the other rides maybe so that people passing by know that it's a water park just by a glance. Just my opinion.

Original plans:
wp-drainageplan.jpg

Slides by roads:
wp-planslides_small1.jpg

And I tell you what, this thing is gonna look amazing from Cabana Bay's pool:

P1070341-768x576.jpg

You can see the volcano from all the room windows in the towers facing the pool and even from the Diner windows. Gonna be impressive when it's done!

Nice footage and blog, thanks for the update.

Reactions: Alicia

Slides by roads:
wp-planslides_small1.jpg

If these Hybrids come to fruition it is instantly going to become my new favourite waterpark.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Status
Not open for further replies.