Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it's going to be a relaxing place, I think that's the one thing that put me off Aquatica. The rides were fine but I never really felt at ease the whole time I was there.

Looking at the proslide website yesterday, I think I've got some new high expectations for the rides in this park.

Can you put your finger on why you were not at ease?

I think I picked a busier than usual day to go. We couldn't get a lounger for a long time, by the time we finally found one, we were part of the crowd flowing over to the pathways, everything felt overly crowded, especially the lazy river. Everything had long lines and it was unbearable how hot it was that day.

I think most of the problems, were because of circumstances of the day but I have no immediate plans to return. I felt like the whole park was poorly planned in terms of layout as well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
See I'm more likely to go to a well themed waterpark with average slides than a poorly themed one with great slides.

2 examples; Didn't even bother with Wet N Wild this year, despite it having best slides in Florida. Secondly, I would gladly go to typhoon and not go on a slide but just chill on the lazy river and go in the awesome wave pool.

I'd still call the park a success if say it was Aquatica level theming but with better slides, but it has been commented that we should maybe expect a little more here. I'll still find it enjoyable, I'm just questioning where this water theme park tag has come from.

See I'm more likely to go to a well themed waterpark with average slides than a poorly themed one with great slides.

2 examples; Didn't even bother with Wet N Wild this year, despite it having best slides in Florida. Secondly, I would gladly go to typhoon and not go on a slide but just chill on the lazy river and go in the awesome wave pool.

I'd still call the park a success if say it was Aquatica level theming but with better slides, but it has been commented that we should maybe expect a little more here. I'll still find it enjoyable, I'm just questioning where this water theme park tag has come from.

I mean, it's going to have a crap ton of theming. Is every support going to be themed? Probably not. But it's not going to be Wet N Wild either.

Reactions: UAN17
I'm just questioning where this water theme park tag has come from.

Pay little attention to that. Universal has had the hokiest marketing schemes for YEARS. Mummy was lame with 4D and Potter with theme park within a theme park. Their desperate marketing against Disney in the mid 2000s had to be the most pathetic. There is another one I have been expecting right about now but it hasn't yet happened. They should just send Al Roker down to tape a show which works much better.

Pay little attention to that. Universal has had the hokiest marketing schemes for YEARS. Mummy was lame with 4D and Potter with theme park within a theme park. Their desperate marketing against Disney in the mid 2000s had to be the most pathetic. There is another one I have been expecting right about now but it hasn't yet happened. They should just send Al Roker down to tape a show which works much better.

Yea, never put too much stock into marketing speak

Reactions: anihilnation
Theme is important only to an extent to me for a water park. I used to go to Adventure Island a lot in Tampa, which has many sides of the park visibly next to a road in the Tampa ghetto, but getting a spot by the wave pool where I can relax and get a nice tan is all I really want. That and a nice lazy river. I tend to not do a ton of slides at Water Parks.

Now I do expect immersion/theme to be of higher quality from Universal than SeaWorld, but i'm pretty easy to please when it comes to water parks.

Theme is important only to an extent to me for a water park. I used to go to Adventure Island a lot in Tampa, which has many sides of the park visibly next to a road in the Tampa ghetto, but getting a spot by the wave pool where I can relax and get a nice tan is all I really want. That and a nice lazy river. I tend to not do a ton of slides at Water Parks.

Now I do expect immersion/theme to be of higher quality from Universal than SeaWorld, but i'm pretty easy to please when it comes to water parks.

I think a parks lazy river sets the tone for the rest of the park.

I'm hoping it's going to be a relaxing place, I think that's the one thing that put me off Aquatica. The rides were fine but I never really felt at ease the whole time I was there.

Looking at the proslide website yesterday, I think I've got some new high expectations for the rides in this park.
funny. Of all the water parks I been too Aquatics was most enjoyable but Typhoon Lagoon was most relaxing

So when they say a "water theme park" is that in regards to the quality of the rides and theming? Or will there be dedicated shows and parades that differentiates it from other water parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.