Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I've seen so many people wearing shirts on the slides in the pics and video from the past few days. I'm starting to feel self-conscious about NOT wearing a shirt. Is this a new thing? :lol:

In looking at some of the pictures on Twitter, it still looks like there's a lot of construction barricades & materials still up around the park, on the borders of the lazy rivers, and around the slides. Glad they've managed to get some of these slides up and running but man-oh-man does Universal cut things close. I imagine they'll need another two weeks to finish up these finishing touches.

Any reports from the mat racer slides? Those seem to be the only ones missing from anything I'm curating on social media.

Very busy today...

Hearing that several slides have "no wait" or much smaller waits. These two are just low capacity slides. These will be "Ride at rope drop or get express" slides.

Also hearing lots of issues with Tapu Tapu, like we expected- not working at pay stations, etc. But Staff is being super cool and understandable- even letting people have the food who say their credit card is in locker and to just pay later.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new here We are travelling over from the Uk and have a single river cabana booked for June 25th and Express passes. Worried about our cabana not being ready

Do we have any reports on how Express is running yet?!? Will it be linked to TapuTapu?! Also can you still join the virtual line for the coaster?!

TIA

Hi I'm new here We are travelling over from the Uk and have a single river cabana booked for June 25th and Express passes. Worried about our cabana not being ready

Do we have any reports on how Express is running yet?!? Will it be linked to TapuTapu?! Also can you still join the virtual line for the coaster?!

TIA

Whats up Lisa- welcome!

I'd keep your eye on this thread for the next several weeks so you can plan accordingly.

The Cabanas will be worked on likely every night until they get them all done. I'd be surprised if it took a month, but you never know.
As far as express- you don't queue with your tapu tapu- you just walk up and get in line. From the looks of today, though, the lines are still really long. Looks like 15-30 mins in many cases- so they clearly have some significant ironing out to do- whether thats through less express passes, increasing the amount of people are estimated to be in queue, etc.
There will be a lot of the kinks worked out over the next 30 days when you take your vacation- so keep an eye on here and you'll be able to stay up to date on the latest- particularly the week before you go.

Bottom line: this is Day one- so it is, quite literally, the worst example of normal operation :)

So how does this work? If I want to ride on this, that's the only ride I can ride for the next four hours?

Yup, just like waiting in a normal line (unless your water coaster time comes up in between then). Unlike a normal line, you can eat, do the lazy rivers/wave pool/play areas/drink while you virtually wait.

So if you're in line for another slide, can you go on a slide that is "no wait" or do they still check your tapu tapu?

So if you're in line for another slide, can you go on a slide that is "no wait" or do they still check your tapu tapu?
That's a great question, I'm guessing you can go right on the "no wait" slide, there's no reason why they would stop you (until a virtual line is needed).