Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok I'm getting really confused about how Tapu-Tapu works for the slides. Are there 3 separate lines? 1 for people who are willing to wait in the regular line, 1 for people who reserve a time using Tapu-Tapu and another line for people using Express? Can you reserve multiple rides at once or do you have to use your first reserved time before booking another? Also, is Express included for the deluxe hotels (Portofino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific)? Sorry if this has been discussed but I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

I mean, if you are in line for a 250 minute wait slide, and another slide is only 15... I would assume you could wait for both?

Ok I'm getting really confused about how Tapu-Tapu works for the slides. Are there 3 separate lines? 1 for people who are willing to wait in the regular line, 1 for people who reserve a time using Tapu-Tapu and another line for people using Express? Can you reserve multiple rides at once or do you have to use your first reserved time before booking another? Also, is Express included for the deluxe hotels (Portofino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific)? Sorry if this has been discussed but I'm just trying to get a better understanding.
Express is not included for deluxe hotels, you can only reserve one ride at once (you couldn't wait for 2 slides at once anyways without it), and there are two lines, regular (taputapu) and express. The reason why taputapu is good because instead of standing in a hot line for an hour you can swim, explore, eat, relax, or float down the lazy river for an hour.

Reactions: Bulldog45
Express is not included for deluxe hotels, you can only reserve one ride at once (you couldn't wait for 2 slides at once anyways without it), and there are two lines, regular (taputapu) and express. The reason why taputapu is good because instead of standing in a hot line for an hour you can swim, explore, eat, relax, or float down the lazy river for an hour.

So if I'm waiting with Tapu Tapu for a 250 minute ohno wait... I can't do any other slides with a smaller wait? For instance a 15-30 minute wait. I just have to bide my time until I can finally ride? Because if so, my strategy would be save the longest waits until last.

So if I'm waiting with Tapu Tapu for a 250 minute ohno wait... I can't do any other slides with a smaller wait? For instance a 15-30 minute wait. I just have to bide my time until I can finally ride? Because if so, my strategy would be save the longest waits until last.
Some slides may be a walk on (15 or less) and do not require Tapu Tapu tap. So you can do those while waiting for your reserved slide time no problem.

there are two lines, regular (taputapu) and express

Interesting. I thought they'd just merge into the same one. So is it 50/50, does express get priority or does standby/taputapu get priority while loading them side by side?

It's kinda like if you are in a 300 minute line for Gringotts, you can't also be riding Dragon Challenge. You just don't have to physically wait in line in this case.

Now how they are handling the no wait slides with you being in line for another will affect how you'd approach the longer wait slides.

Reactions: Andysol
any word yet on weight restrictions? other than the body slides with the drop floor?
Those are the only single rider slides I've seen with limits. The group slides have limits but the attendant can just rearrange parties to get them under weight so shouldn't be an issue.

They say its currently closed, but the water is running and there are plenty of people on the stairs?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Miketheboss
It's kinda like if you are in a 300 minute line for Gringotts, you can't also be riding Dragon Challenge. You just don't have to physically wait in line in this case.

Now how they are handling the no wait slides with you being in line for another will affect how you'd approach the longer wait slides.

So has anyone figured out what wait time requires Tapu Tapu to be used? I love the concept, but if I'm holding my place in one ride for 4 hours.... I would hope if the other slides are less than that rides wait (aka 30-60 minutes), but on a Tapu Tapu wait... I could still do them. That's 4 hours of floating, and I'm not here for it!

Or is the theory that while you wait that 4 hours, there will always be slides you can just stand in line for and ride?

I would say we're in the test and adjust period! What ever happens today will not be the norm. And in a few weeks tweaks will be made and everything will be smooth sailing. If anyone on here expected Tapu Tapu to magically be anywhere close to perfect today, then I got some beach front property to sale you.

I just got back from the park. Me and my 2 friends were the first people on the aqua coaster today at approximately 8:45. I was impressed with the park as a whole, however the tacos were actually the worst food I've ever had at a park. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as I'm pretty sure I understand most of the aspects of the park.