Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One at a time still seems to be the case. I don't imagine it's ever going back. I always figured this was the way it would work best anyways. You can only be in one physical line at a time, why not virtual too.

I cant wait to go, will definitely be there in dec/jan - plenty of time for everything to get sorted.

A couple of questions I haven't seen asked or mentioned
Once you get a 'ride now' alert, is there a time limit on how long you have to enter the line?

Will VB close over the winter months like BB & TL do? Disney always have one or the other operating, but i wondered what Universal will do.

A couple of questions I haven't seen asked or mentioned
Once you get a 'ride now' alert, is there a time limit on how long you have to enter the line?

Will VB close over the winter months like BB & TL do? Disney always have one or the other operating, but i wondered what Universal will do.
Per an article on Universal Orlando's blog, there is no limit on the "Ride Now"-the example they gave is that if you are in the middle of a meal when it's time to ride, you don't have to rush to finish it.

Wet 'N Wild rotated which attractions were closed for maintenance during the winter months, typically in two-week increments. I would expect Universal to do the same with Volcano Bay.

^This. Nobody is going to bother to remember the problematic grand opening three years from now, but it is up to Universal to improve the current situation. I, personally, expected more improvements to have been made by now - so I'm a little concerned that what we see is what we get.

Don't think it was posted but I see this update from Bioreconstruct, after reading some reviews I did read a few times the wave pool wasn't very warm:

I have been leaving my opinion back for a while regarding the wave pool but, I wish there was a video somewhere of all 9 wave types, pretty disappointed it doesn't appear to produce waves like typhoon lagoon, I hate the 'wave' pools that just have you bobbing up and down, I have not heard VB does anything different to this yet. It is essentially just creating rough water all of the time, every so often that thing should pump out a 4ft surf-able wave, now that really would have had people in the pool longer ignoring the queue times! I know its not for everyone but I couldn't help but spend ages in TL's pool, its simply fantastic, you then go to a normal wave pool after and its nothing but boring...

On a more positive note it appears they are getting through finishing a few things, shame they couldn't have had it all done for the opening, at the least by the time I get to go I might even get to experience the expansion let alone the rest of the park being finished :lol:

^This. Nobody is going to bother to remember the problematic grand opening three years from now, but it is up to Universal to improve the current situation. I, personally, expected more improvements to have been made by now - so I'm a little concerned that what we see is what we get.
I picture an expansion within a year

Reactions: Cheezbat
A list at what I noticed yesterday:

• The row of cabanas near the kid's area is finally open. Looks like the only cabana set that isn't ready is by the back corner near Honu Ika Moana.
  • Don't remember if I mentioned this but Ko'okiri now is at its original entrance.
  • They have added string lights to a lot of the staircase in the Volcano. Bottom steel frame not finished yet.
  • TeAwa was back to normal yesterday.
  • The eruptions happened a few times yesterday. Not sure if it was due to testing or anything else.
  • The TapuTapu now alerts you when a storm is approaching and the attractions are closed.
  • Many of the Tapu effects were working, and they have added a couple more areas.

So it seems the only area they seem to be really working on that's clearly evident is the Volcano stairs, Vol's area, and the last set of cabanas.

Last edited: