WaterWorld | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Friday Mar 21

P3210004_zpsd37cb077.jpg

P3210006_zpsa7ba8bc0.jpg

Ah, reminds me of my old days as an employee.  I see the cut out in the ground underneath Helen's zip line.  Which means...we will get a Smoker high jump from there.  Ugh...Singapore. :(

I saw it today. I liked it. Seemed like more action, I like the "Sage" character. Some new stunts. The Helen fight at the foot of the tower was cool. The Mariner fights a guy with a sword on a new extension of the main tower. The plane crash happens at the end now which is jarring to those of us who really like the show - but it works I think. Greg Dolf wasn't the Deacon. Not sure if that means he's gone or if he just wasn't doing the rehearsal. I didn't like the guy as much.

Reactions: Krusty
Saw it today and I liked it. Not too different from the old script but it was a nice change of pace. Also, the guy on the jet skis lost his balance and fell off. He made a nice recovery by swimming towards the set and then going under to pretend he was shot.

I saw the show today. Here are some things I noticed were different.

• The water is a darker blue,and there is a little more color to the set.
  • In the pre show where they get the audience wet, One of the guys is now wearing a microphone. Also, all three guys spend most their time in front of rather than behind the fence.
  • There are more high jumps into water.
  • There are more fight sequences.
  • There is less humor and dialog.
  • The sea plane happens later in the show.
  • The pyro at the final is more spread out across the stage rather than having it all concentrated near the fuel tank.

I saw the show today and I must say that it is a change.  The show is what I will refer to as Waterworld 2.0 for the remainder of my discussions.  Why 2.0?  Because this is the same show as before, but told in a different way.  90% of the show has been re-recorded with new dialogue and additional fight sequences throughout the show.  Pyro has been moved, changed, altered and removed.  It is much more similar to the overseas counterparts.

That being said, the show will need to grow on me.  I grew up with the original version.  From all the minor changes which took place from the original performance, this was the most drastic change ever to the Hollywood version of the show.  Do I like it?  Yes and No.  Yes, because it is fresh and there seem to have been some major improvements to the sound field.  No, because I still feel it has dead spots in the show where the original show had a great balance throughout.

In final, this show isn't going anywhere for a while.  This is what should have been done to BTTF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve
Saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed the show. The pacing is much faster which would normally kill a show. But for WaterWorld it makes the show feel more intense leading up to the finale. Seriously cannot wait to see it again, they did an incredible job.

Positives: I love how fresh and great the atoll set looks, the colors really pop. Some new stunts are definitely welcome, and it seems like the cast is having fun with the material. I also liked them incorporating more golf jokes into the Deacon's dialogue, giving him even more of a definitive character. Pyro is more internal, and I would expect once Potter arrives in 2016 for the outer pyro in the finale to be nixed altogether. J.K. won't be having no fireworks bursting just outside her Hogsmeade.

Negatives: Boy, oh boy... that seaplane placement. It's so awkward. I could understand if they punched it to be alongside the Deacon's fall, but just in the middle of the scene?! They fight, Mariner causes the Deacon to shoot his plane and we have to take this giant pause to allow for the plane to crash land and do the water bomb gag on the audience, let the reactions set in... and then a full forty-five seconds later they awkwardly just continue the fight scene. What?! Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of this.

That's really my only complaint, and I can live with it even if that part will have me constantly shaking my head.

Last edited by a moderator: