WaterWorld | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I headed to WW yesterday, and when the Deacon shoots the Mariner and Helen near the guests he said "I came in like a wrecking ball." I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm a fan of the new show.

Love the new localized sound effects (including the gunshots), and the new pacing isn't as bad as one would imagine. Overall, a great change that spruces things up.

If I had a criticism, I'd say there's a bit too much smoke effects. The finale can get crowded if the wind doesn't clear things up.

Reactions: Krusty
I guess the soak zone will no longer go all the way to the top row anymore in section 1.  I can also imagine that unloading the show will now take longer with more people exiting with a smaller avenue to use.

However, it does seem that you will be walking underneath the bleachers to exit the show.  Hmm.

Reactions: William
I guess the soak zone will no longer go all the way to the top row anymore in section 1.  I can also imagine that unloading the show will now take longer with more people exiting with a smaller avenue to use.

However, it does seem that you will be walking underneath the bleachers to exit the show.  Hmm.
Only if you're seating in section 3 or to the far left side of section 2 will u need to go under the bleachers. I don't think it'll get to congested. 

Didn't have my camera today but the new sections of 3 were open today. Section 2 looks like a VIP section and has space for wheelchairs - it's separated by a "fence" from the rest of the seating. Saw footing for an elevator right next to the tech booth.

So either Waterworld is staying for the next fifteen years AT LEAST or they'd replace it with another show because that's the only justification I can see to building a freaking elevator.

That is true, the ADA requirements may have changed. But still that was a conscious decision by Universal and it still means they made a pricey change that must lengthen the show's life for quite some time.