What do you shoot with? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I need some advice...should I save up and shell out for a 10-20mm Canon lens, or should I wait for that and just buy a Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 fisheye?

Ha lol, If it was me it would be the fisheye in a heartbeat but I know the fisheye isnt everyone's cup of tea. My fisheye is literally the sharpest lens in my bag. What Canon lens is it?

This one:

but a more versatile wide angle lens is always good too.

I agree, in fact last week I was looking into some wide angle lenses but not sure if im going to upgrade my camera or invest in more lenses early next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checkout some of those sample shots people posted on Amazon and some of them came out spectacular. This is a tough call.

If its in my bag, I would use the Canon 10-22 much much more so its easy for me, but as Mike mentioned the fisheye isn't for everyone. I will say the fisheye shots Mike is posting are extremely sharp and clear.

If its in my bag, I would use the Canon 10-22 much much more so its easy for me, but as Mike mentioned the fisheye isn't for everyone. I will say the fisheye shots Mike is posting are extremely sharp and clear.

I know if I had a 10-22mm I probably would use the fisheye a little less, part of the reason I use it a lot is because it is my widest lens. I really almost came close to giving up on my fisheye, I was having the hardest time nailing the focus with it being a manual focus lens. Someone finally showed me a trick and haven't had any focus problem since. The lens being a manual focus may be the only downside to it.

Yea, the one I'm looking at is 275...whereas the wide angle Canon is like 725.

Well then that's an easy decisions :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

HM55, your shooting with a Sony A55 Correct?
I am considering the new A37 stricktly for night and Haunt shooting and wanted your thoughts, please.
I prefer shooting with live view, so I want to stick with Sony

I just saw this page on Amazon, looks like a bunch of Sony cameras are on sale. Not sure how much the one you are looking goes for normally.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=ty_Week47SonyILC?ie=UTF8&docId=1000854361&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=0390XMR592NJ99YFTA23&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1417075262&pf_rd_i=761198

Only down side with the 50mm on dark rides is it can be tough to get a lot in frame, especially if everything is really close to the ride vehicles. It may just be a personal preference but I prefer the 35mm f/1.8 for dark rides. I even got rid of my 50mm since it just sat in my bag unused.

Also take into consideration which lens you think you may use more, I know for me I use my fisheye a ton more than my 35mm, really the only time I even use it is on dark rides.

That is an awesome price on that fisheye BTW, cheapest I have ever seen it at. If I were you I would I would go for the 50mm and the fisheye so not only will you get the wide lens but then also the f/1.8 lens for the rides and still be under the price you would spend for the wide lens alone.