What do you shoot with? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few pics from this evening

DSC00183-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSC00162.jpg

So do the newer Alphas have a zoom function similar to P&S cameras now, or am I missing something? I don't remember them having one when I played with them in the Sony Store a few months ago, but I'm so used to zooming on the lens that I wouldn't have bothered noticing something like that.

EDIT: What Hockeyman said. If that's the issue, you'll get used to it fairly quick. I will go from 70 all the way out to 300 on my long lens in a quick flick of my wrist now, although sometimes the AF doesn't like to follow along when I go that fast and I have to zoom back out and then zoom in a little slower.

Last edited:
So do the newer Alphas have a zoom function similar to P&S cameras now, or am I missing something? I don't remember them having one when I played with them in the Sony Store a few months ago, but I'm so used to zooming on the lens that I wouldn't have bothered noticing something like that.

EDIT: What Hockeyman said. If that's the issue, you'll get used to it fairly quick. I will go from 70 all the way out to 300 on my long lens in a quick flick of my wrist now, although sometimes the AF doesn't like to follow along when I go that fast and I have to zoom back out and then zoom in a little slower.

Yeah, I need to get used to the lense ring versus my super zoom.

Got a big, new bag that will come in handy once I get the two or three lenses on my list before I go on my Cali trip next spring. Right now its a little too much bag for me, but it also holds my tripod and laptop, which could come in handy down here even before I get my new glass (I've always wondered what I might see in post sitting right in front of the subject I was just shooting). Its the Lowepro 220 sling, which was bigger than I thought it would be.

Got a big, new bag that will come in handy once I get the two or three lenses on my list before I go on my Cali trip next spring. Right now its a little too much bag for me, but it also holds my tripod and laptop, which could come in handy down here even before I get my new glass (I've always wondered what I might see in post sitting right in front of the subject I was just shooting). Its the Lowepro 220 sling, which was bigger than I thought it would be.

Very awesome. I was using the smaller Lower pro sling http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/676052-REG/Lowepro_LP36172_PEU_SlingShot_102_AW_Camera.html and out grew that one really fast and alos found I wanst too fond of the sling bags after taking it on a bunch of trips to Orlando. I just got the Ape Case for xmas http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/829124-REG/Ape_Case_ACPRO1800_ACPRO1800_Digital_SLR_and.html and love it and is more comfy and has plenty of room for all my gear and even my tablet. Was hoping my laptop would fit inside but it just doesn't make it. Not a big deal though

- - - Updated - - -

A new, bigger, and more comfortable Canon bag; and the Rokinon Fisheye lens

2012 turned out to be the year of the fisheye :lol:

I prefer the 35mm only because on a crop sensor the 50mm seems a little tight for me on dark rides, the 35 gives you a wider frame. Its funny I base my lens preferences on how they hold up on rides :lol:

What about outside of dark rides, things like landscapes and such? I like to go hiking every now and then into some of the nature preserves around here and love taking my camera along. I expect to use it in GMR, Star Tours, and other rides often, but just as much or more often outside of the rides. I find that I'm often zooming in somewhere between the 35-50mm range on my kit lens for stuff I'm not trying to get wide.