Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 649 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you all might like to know that one of the "trains" (or section of one) has arrived.

tumblr_lkzxrup77l1qefovfo1_500.jpg

And it looks incredible. Even if it's just a blurry cell phone pic, the train section looks wow.

I would like to hear a description of the windows from either side, even if one has to sign up under another account. Are windows clear to the inside or are they blacked out in an odd way?

Agreed. They look very impressive. I'm anxious to see how this will be hidden from sightlines in San Fran/NY.

Well, since the train actually looks like the train, they could get away with theming the visible portions of the track from USF as train trestles if they even bother at all.

Aaaaah! Thanks to Lord Voldemort, I have been able to witness a close up! Huge 3'-4' jut-out on the backstage side of the train for whatever video effect they are pulling. So, the station side will probably look normal while the opposite side, not so much.

Well, since the train actually looks like the train, they could get away with theming the visible portions of the track from USF as train trestles if they even bother at all.

I wouldn't think JKR or WB would be alright with it being visible. It breaks the "thematic wall", so to speak. Also, it would lessen the impact upon seeing it at the loading platforms.

I wouldn't think JKR or WB would be alright with it being visible. It breaks the "thematic wall", so to speak. Also, it would lessen the impact upon seeing it at the loading platforms.

I would think they would care about the FJ showbuilding and the soon-to-be even more obvious Gringotts showbuilding also, but it seems that they have inconsistent priorities/rules. I guess we'll see. I hope these things would be taken into consideration. It's just that little bit extra that makes a huge difference.

Ahh... new question. Will the trains have restraints/seatbelts? The reason I ask is because in theory one could stand up and get really close to the "boxed" windows and peek at the junk making it happen.

Aaaaah! Thanks to Lord Voldemort, I have been able to witness a close up! Huge 3'-4' jut-out on the backstage side of the train for whatever video effect they are pulling. So, the station side will probably look normal while the opposite side, not so much.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:
EDIT: I saw the other pictures! More, and higher quality. From the same 'magical' source.

Ahh... new question. Will the trains have restraints/seatbelts? The reason I ask is because in theory one could stand up and get really close to the "boxed" windows and peek at the junk making it happen.

I'm gonna guess seat belts, but not so much for that reason as for general safety and people's stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.