Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 650 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These extensions on the backstage side for the projection effect... maybe they will use one long projection for, say, two different compartments? Like the window will be an actual window and "outside" will be projected on a long semi dome or something in these boxes sticking out of the car? That way you would have a better range of view from wherever you were sitting. You could even open the window and have effects or smells from outside coming in (alright, maybe that's just me dreaming off...)

All of the gates where you can see the track backstage will be raised. The only place you'll be able to see the trains is from the roller coasters.

You know what would be great? Theming the gates to fake building facades or something in relation to the areas they're in. It'd make them way less noticeable.

I really doubt these gates will be changed. I may be wrong but you can see the track from several parts of the park, not just over the gates.

^ 40 creatives sitting around a conference table for months and months have either come up with a grand solution, or determined that a few peeks will not matter. I am not concerned at all.

New pictures have made my day. I'm so ridiculously excited about this ride now... I have a feeling it will steal the show. People will come for Gringotts, but return for HE. Seeing it in the flesh is super, super exciting.

(I should also mention at this point, as a Brit and former massive railway enthusiast, these look pretty impressively accurate!)

It was interesting reading a poster say that their "Disney website has the best info on UO". I guess I have been wasting all my time on this forum. SMH...

I would think they would care about the FJ showbuilding and the soon-to-be even more obvious Gringotts showbuilding also, but it seems that they have inconsistent priorities/rules. I guess we'll see. I hope these things would be taken into consideration. It's just that little bit extra that makes a huge difference.
Standing next to the old Amity restrooms this weekend and staring at that showbuilding I was thinking there was NO way they hide this... We will see if I'm wrong I guess..

Standing next to the old Amity restrooms this weekend and staring at that showbuilding I was thinking there was NO way they hide this... We will see if I'm wrong I guess..
I think that UniCreative has decided to leave the Gringott's showbuilding visible from the Fear Factor area just to watch Disniods' heads explode. :ears:

Picture update from today:

DSC_0693.JPG

DSC_0695.JPG

DSC_0696.JPG

DSC_0697.JPG

DSC_0698.JPG

DSC_0701.JPG

DSC_0703.JPG

DSC_0706.JPG

I am just confused by that decision. I wish they would gave put a few more London Buildings.

I'm one of the biggest critics of exposed showbuildings but Gringott's doesn't really bother me. For one, it's in Universal Studios, and I'm all for preserving the studio theme of the good ole days (yes, even if that means boring soundstages everywhere lol). Second, it doesn't really take away from anything. It'll only be visible from outside Diagon Alley, and if you're outside Diagon Alley, what difference does it make if you can see the showbuilding or not? Inside the area, yes, you want to be enveloped in the theming of the wizarding world and for it to be easy to believe that that's really Gringott's you're inside and not some warehouse. But outside the area what difference does it make? Once you aren't in it anymore there's nothing to be immersed in, nothing that doesn't already make you realize it's not just a theme park ride in a plain old building.

The FJ showbuilding is different because it immediately takes you out of the theming of WWOHP and Jurassic Park. Gringotts will take you out of the theming of what? Fear Factor??

I think it'll all be fine in the end.

I noticed that they left a single Amity building standing (forgot to get a picture though). Does anyone know if this will be left alone as a throwback to Jaws, or if it will be re-purposed/removed?

Are you asking about the bathrooms ? They are outside the construction blocked off area.I would assume the will be resheathed
at some point .I know they just were fixed up (exterior that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.