Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 651 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol just scrolled up and saw it in the very last picture.

It is the old Amity Island Lobster CO tower located at the end of the walled off area right next to the Amazing photos/Disaster exit, set back a little bit. Really wish I hadn't forgotten to take that picture now, but I did find this picture off of google street view from back before the construction.

I don't know how to add a google street view photo so here is a link to it.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=universal+studios&data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-81.469282!3d28.479263!2m2!1f258.99!2f79.31!4f75!2m4!1e1!2m2!1sqDZSe24M3krRwunX0QDLgg!2e0!4m22!1m9!4m8!1m3!1d77825!2d-81.187888!3d28.6593441!3m2!1i1920!2i1067!4f13.1!5m11!1m10!1suniversal+studios!4m8!1m3!1d77825!2d-81.187888!3d28.6593441!3m2!1i1920!2i1067!4f13.1&fid=5

I think they will probably keep that around as a homage. However, if San Fran does end up getting rethemed to an extended New York when Kong moves in, then that will probably fall victim.

have we decided by the way there moving that London will be done by HHN?

Nope... I think we could see the fence pushed back a bit but facade work not gonna happen. Don't get me wrong we will see a lot of London progress before and during HHN but it won't be finished.

^ Was there ever a time that they thought it would be done by HHN? It would almost defy credulity if so.

So did Transformers... But on another note it was just something I overheard during a timeline discussion. It was wishful thinking then but I reported to spark some convo :thumbs:Last year I was the one who reported the waterfront would open before HHN, I missed that one by a week lol.

I'm one of the biggest critics of exposed showbuildings but Gringott's doesn't really bother me. For one, it's in Universal Studios, and I'm all for preserving the studio theme of the good ole days (yes, even if that means boring soundstages everywhere lol). Second, it doesn't really take away from anything. It'll only be visible from outside Diagon Alley, and if you're outside Diagon Alley, what difference does it make if you can see the showbuilding or not? Inside the area, yes, you want to be enveloped in the theming of the wizarding world and for it to be easy to believe that that's really Gringott's you're inside and not some warehouse. But outside the area what difference does it make? Once you aren't in it anymore there's nothing to be immersed in, nothing that doesn't already make you realize it's not just a theme park ride in a plain old building.

The FJ showbuilding is different because it immediately takes you out of the theming of WWOHP and Jurassic Park. Gringotts will take you out of the theming of what? Fear Factor??

I think it'll all be fine in the end.

Agreed. Why worry about it when you can see the Kang & Kodos ride spinning over Springfield, USA from the same spot..........

It could also be left with nothing blocking the show building as they plan to use the area so there would be no use hiding the building only to need to removing it again, not all that long after when the view of it is not even in a position that distracts from any immersion. Also wasn't the area in between the London facades and Fear Factor marked as future expansion on the plans that were leaked before or an insider said that was what the area would be for. It could be waiting for the James Bond Stunt show to replace fear factor and the area in between.

They should just slap some Batman Fatheads on the sid of the building facing FFL and turn FFL live into a Batman vs Superman vs Godzilla 4D ride where everyone dies at the end.

EDIT: This was supposed to be in Comic Sans but doesn't appear to be working on my phone :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the fantastic pictures, AllAroundOrlando! I can't believe the progress they've made since I was in the park a few weeks ago.

Can someone tell me what we're looking at, based on plans for London? Is Grimmauld Place in some of those pictures? What's the gigantic arch for? I apologize if these questions have already been asked!

Thanks for the fantastic pictures, AllAroundOrlando! I can't believe the progress they've made since I was in the park a few weeks ago.

Can someone tell me what we're looking at, based on plans for London? Is Grimmauld Place in some of those pictures? What's the gigantic arch for? I apologize if these questions have already been asked!

Check out this thread it will get you up to speed on the story so far, at the bottom of the page is a fantastic overlay by Gambit which will show you what goes where on the London facade.

Let's not get into the show building discussion again....

Its been a pleasant few weeks without it.
Sorry guys, I was just there Saturday and eyeballing the area and when I read a post concerning the building I bit.. Seeing it does not bother me in any way though for the record.. Amazing watching this area transform before our eyes, longtime passholders but went the WWOHP years pass less so I am enjoying this :thumbs:

So did Transformers... But on another note it was just something I overheard during a timeline discussion. It was wishful thinking then but I reported to spark some convo :thumbs:Last year I was the one who reported the waterfront would open before HHN, I missed that one by a week lol.

Thanks!!! i was just wondering for that reason!!!

Picture update from today:
DSC_0701.JPG
Anybody else see a big gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.