Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 663 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much potential in all the background of the HP universe, this is a great move. They should totally film it in sepia though, imagine how cool that would look if it's supposedly set in New York 70 years before the time of the original Harry Potter series. It'd be like looking back through the Daily Prophet! Someone let me direct this film :lol:

If it opened then that would be leaving Power Passes out

I think that's the idea. Limit what you can limit for the opening to help keep the crowds under some degree of control. If the Power Pass holders want to be there for the opening badly enough they'll upgrade their Annual or buy a 1-day 2-park pass.

I think that's the idea. Limit what you can limit for the opening to help keep the crowds under some degree of control. If the Power Pass holders want to be there for the opening badly enough they'll upgrade their Annual or buy a 1-day 2-park pass.

I'm guessing it'll soft open in May so passholders won't have to worry.

Thank you, Ms. Rowling and Warner Brothers, you have made my day!

Very intriguing that this will be set in 1920's New York. So many possibilities for Phase 3!

Has anyone wondered out-loud what will be playing at Wyndham's Theater? They must have chosen a theatrical title of some sort. Perhaps a Shakespeare classic? Any clever ideas?

actually this has never crossed my mind....i agree though something probably with shakespeare

Has anyone wondered out-loud what will be playing at Wyndham's Theater? They must have chosen a theatrical title of some sort. Perhaps a Shakespeare classic? Any clever ideas?

I think Macbeth would be appropriate. It has witches, prophecies, and the line that inspired this song:
[video=youtube;EMzrgXFeX_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzrgXFeX_o[/video]

I wonder how JK's writing will be adjusted/hindered by writing for film. I think it would be better if she wrote it in book form, published it, and then brought in a screen writer to help cobble it together. As long as I am promised no Hagrid dialect text, I would read it. (that really turned me off in the books)

I wonder how JK's writing will be adjusted/hindered by writing for film. I think it would be better if she wrote it in book form, published it, and then brought in a screen writer to help cobble it together. As long as I am promised no Hagrid dialect text, I would read it. (that really turned me off in the books)

I can't go into specifics, but this has been in the works for a long, long time. If she thought it wasn't going to be quality, she could have killed it years ago.

I can't go into specifics, but this has been in the works for a long, long time. If she thought it wasn't going to be quality, she could have killed it years ago.

Are you suggesting that she will write it in book form first? What she believes is quality in screenplay writing and what is truly good screenplay writing may be two different things. I only know that she is good at writing books. Perhaps Mr. Cloves will assist.

Are you suggesting that she will write it in book form first? What she believes is quality in screenplay writing and what is truly good screenplay writing may be two different things. I only know that she is good at writing books. Perhaps Mr. Cloves will assist.

All I can say this project is old. Parts, possibly most, of the script are/is old. So I'm sure people more familiar with the medium have had time to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.