Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 665 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel personally it would be disappointing to have the HE unveiled before you could really go anywhere at the other end. It's more exciting to open it all at once for that all-important first 'wow' impact, isn't it? In my opinion phased opening detracts from this.

I understood Phase 1 being that way, because you had to walk thru the entire land to get to the new ride. You had to walk thru the land to get to the place to eat, etc. But Phase 2 I feel might be different because you can have people ride HE and not see or be near anything else phase 2 related.

True, phase one could have easily opened Hogsmeade with a wall up right at the bottom of the hill that leads to Journey and it would have been a "complete experience". Especially with a high themed work wall.

And they would have happily done that if they could (remember that whole open Potter for hotel guests, then convert back to LC for day guests thing?)

From what I understand WB and JK were very firm on all or nothing. They want to present the complete story. (As DragonSlayer said, people would be disappointed of London wasn't there)

I understood Phase 1 being that way, because you had to walk thru the entire land to get to the new ride. You had to walk thru the land to get to the place to eat, etc. But Phase 2 I feel might be different because you can have people ride HE and not see or be near anything else phase 2 related.

Hogwarts Express will enter/exit outside on the London waterfront :thumbs:

I feel personally it would be disappointing to have the HE unveiled before you could really go anywhere at the other end. It's more exciting to open it all at once for that all-important first 'wow' impact, isn't it? In my opinion phased opening detracts from this.

I agree, I would rather see it all open at once. I think it would be a let down to open phase 2 in "parts".

After this, I disagree. My thought on a big Phase III was contingent on not knowing this was going to happen. This completely opens the world to different possibilities. I'm all for Phase III

Same here. The Lost Continent will be the perfect area for seamless transition into this World of Fantastic Beasts. How ironic will it be if (when) Universal opens this land after years of Disney fan boys fawning over the long discussed "Beastly Kingdom" at Animal Kingdom??? It's enough to make a Disney fans' head explode!:ears::sneaky:

- - - Updated - - -

And Uni is doing them too. Best of both worlds.

:thumbs:

I agree, I would rather see it all open at once. I think it would be a let down to open phase 2 in "parts".

I am not suggesting it open in parts, I am suggesting they may soft HE earlier than the rest. So it won't be announced, won't be on the map, etc. You would have to happen upon it, unless of course you read this board, then you would know it is open. Which is how they will get enough people on it to test the people moving part. And I don't think it will be months in advance, I am thinking a couple weeks.

I agree that is is very possible to soft open HE before the rest of DA and yet open everything at the same time at the Grand Opening.

that is why "softs" are called "Technical Rehearsals". It's not officially "open".

That is VASTLY different than the FLE's phased opening. Which will NOT happen at Diagon Alley.

Some progress updates from yesterday (9/15/13)

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

so confused by the buildings between Grimmauld place and the Gringotts show building. Will we be seeing the backside of Diagon Alley? or is this a London facade also? Will this be an additional entrance or exit area? It just looks so odd to me. Anyone have any insight?

I am stymied as to how they will resolve the highly detailed Diagon buildings sitting so close to the show building. How does one conceal something decorative that is built within feet or inches of a warehouse sized structure. I am perplexed.

I am stymied as to how they will resolve the highly detailed Diagon buildings sitting so close to the show building. How does one conceal something decorative that is built within feet or inches of a warehouse sized structure. I am perplexed.

Lots of trees, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.