Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I would expect mugglenet was invited? (i think they are the biggest of the potter fan sites, correct me if I'm wrong)

They're the biggest HP fan site, but lately it's just become a "where are they now" type of site.
Yeah, the big players are done with the day-to-day operations of the site. I think that's also the case on Leaky. The founder of Mugglenet is now with Hypable.

The logistics of getting into/out of Diagon have been puzzling me since day 1. First because of the brick wall effect they keep plugging and using on advertisements. And then the massive crowds they expect. And people keep claiming 'breakthroughs in crowd management' with DA. IDK how they can accomplish both, they seem contradictory.

DYING for podcast tomorrow. Gonna try to sneak it in during work!

I've been asking this question as well. Logistically it was fairly simple when Hogsmeade opened since they could queue everyone up at one point and control entry based on this. With the HE train, you now have a second point of entry that will ratably add people to London, unless they must exit through KC and then queue up outside to enter DA.

Should be interesting.....

Last edited:
Okay, i just randomly asked JeniLynn (From Orlando Attractions Magazine: The Show) on twitter if she was at Universal Today, via DM and she said "No, but her producers are"?? WTF does that mean??

I believe that trains back up quite often, to switch tracks etc. Anyone here know about trains that could elaborate on this?

I don't believe anyone here judges a show building being visible from a long distance, but only from inside the land in which the show building should not be seen.

There should be very large trees installed, and if so, turn your eyes to ValleyCrest to possibly be in charge of the job. Watch for the second picture in the slideshow below:

http://www.valleycrest.com/vc/#/divisions/tree-company/

That's one huge tree! It must be difficult transporting a tree that size without killing it. I'm surprised its entire root system fits into that relatively small box.

I'm surprised its entire root system fits into that relatively small box.

It doesn't necessarily. Often they root prune a tree back 4-6 months before digging a trench just beyond the prune and building the box around. When Disney All Star Resort was built, they did this with a ton of large Live Oaks and then moved them temporarily to the parking lots of World of Sports. (trees so large they had to rotate all of the street lights out of the way on Osceola Pkwy) After All Star was completed, the trees were trucked back and planted per the landscape designer's plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.