Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, long time lurker, but I want to give this riddle a shot, so I'll crawl forth from my cave and give it a go:

Although Lord Strange and the quintuplets were,

Lord Strange's Men was a performance troupe in the 16th century. At first a troupe of acrobats, then actors, they performed in court. Later on, they evolved until the Mayor of London (London? London...) told them not to perform any more in the city.*

Circling back to the Wizarding World, this could be that they actually relocated to Diagon Alley to perform, as if they were a troupe of wizard actors/acrobats all along. This could also tie into the W.A.D.A. (Wizarding Academy for the Dramatic Arts) or some other back story that Jo has created to accompany Carkitt Market. As she's delved into muggle history before (i.e. Nicolas Flamel) - she could do it again. As for the quintuplets: No idea. Polyjuice potion? Matching masks and/or costumes? A troupe of five actors? All of the above?

not near the boiling water when it splashed
The Wizard and the Hopping Pot includes a hopping pot that takes on the maladies of the uncured - could it be that it's healing powers have been denied to one with a fever? Or it could be a pyrotechnic show that features fire and The Fountain of Fair Fortune. Worth a mention as it is a popular play that is performed within the Wizarding World, usually during the Holiday season (Possibilities?). Within the footnotes of Beedle the Bard it was presented once as a pantomime at Hogwarts, from which it caught fire and resulted in a duel.

[Personally, I'd prefer just the show without such altercation for the sake of verisimilitude. There's a giant worm within the story, so that's an exciting thing.]

Lord Strange maintained a serious skald.
So perhaps there is an altercation. This one is slightly lost on me. A duel? Or the stationary dragon on top of Gringotts is up to mischief? No idea.
Looking at the spelling of "skald", it could be a reference to poets who composed at court in Scandinavian and Icelandic countries.* So perchance, it has something to do with poetry.

A seemingly random event indeed.
Flash mob. Or something like it. Circling back to the first riddle, with carts and gears (because I think they're connected to this riddle), the show(s) could feature all five stories from Beedle The Bard, but you never know which one you're going to get. Or the stage can be likened to performing in found space. Although I think from previous clues, it's more accurate to say that there are moving stages, and although it isn't a turntable, it could be something like a traveling mistral show? No idea.

Alas, there are numerous holes in my wall of text, but these be my thoughts. Calling back to the audition requirements, there are no ladies in Beedle the Bard that are specifically African-American. Babbity Rabbity could be considered in that age range, but her race isn't defined save for a sketch from Jo where she is depicted as white - not that that matters. But this could mean that Jo has written a play exclusively for Carkitt Market, to which I would incendeo myself and rampage through said market with utter joy if it were the case. Other than that, I dunno.

As per usual, I'm probably over thinking everything. But meh, throwing my two sickles into the pot, as you do. Keep up the good work everyone. :)

*climbs back into cave*

*Sources: Myself namely - have a degree in theatre, but, as I'm currently working on my math degree, I've filed most of my notes and books on the subject away; thus, Lord Strange's Men and the term "Skald" are on Wikipedia as all things are. In addition, I have a twelve-year obsession with Harry Potter, to which I have filed nothing away. Priorities.

:rofl: Well at least I blew it spectacularly. I thought we were done talking about Carkitt and that Teebin was hinting at something completely new. Guess I got carried away and a little too meta, huh? Anyway, I'd still rather see a Ministry of Magic battle than Disaster, or Fear Factor, or Twister. For the love of God, please put Twister out of its misery. It's a 1-act vaudeville masquerading as a 2-part ride, and those interviews with Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt are just painful.

So live, flash mob performances of all 5 Beedle Bard tales, involving a narrator accompanied by music. Is that what we're back to now? And the stage is not immediately next to the Fountain of Fair Fortune and involves some sort of gear-work, perhaps descending from the heavens/roof? Is that what the "HP fans will think they've died and gone to heaven" teaser was about-- the roof/skylight?

Nope. Just means someone booked the park for a private event that night. So they close the park early.
Yes, I think you're onto something significant there. Training and stepped up construction finishing work. Those days are listed as moderate to busy by both Touring Plans & OI. And cancelled Cinematic shows indicate Diagon work & training. If they weren't constructing Diagon there is no way they would be cutting hours during this strong business time of the year. THE PUSH IS ON.

Great guesses darkridelover, aurornike, and Frogki! Note that I have no knowledge whether or not this is true or where the character might appear. It would be an odd fit for Carkitt, unless it is for filling in between performances.

I love this! So exciting! :cheers:

One thing that no one has touched upon much is the quintuplets part. That definitely means five, so maybe five actors will be involved in the show? :shrug:

Ok, so five has meaning, but it's not the number of actors?

Maybe it's a reference to Beedle the Bard after all. There was 5 stories in that book so possible 5 shows?
"The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"
"The Fountain of Fair Fortune"
"The Warlock's Hairy Heart"
"Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"
"The Tale of the Three Brothers"

Maybe it's a reference to Beedle the Bard after all. There was 5 stories in that book so possible 5 shows?
"The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"
"The Fountain of Fair Fortune"
"The Warlock's Hairy Heart"
"Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"
"The Tale of the Three Brothers"

Oh, that's good! I hadn't thought of that... For some reason I remembered the tales as being 4 not 5 :bonk: I've failed as a Potter fan.

acupofpinktea said:
Flash mob. Or something like it. Circling back to the first riddle, with carts and gears (because I think they're connected to this riddle), the show(s) could feature all five stories from Beedle The Bard, but you never know which one you're going to get.

I think that fact was already established previously by cupofpinktea. It's like an echo chamber in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.