Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a live show that will show for instance the tale of the three brothers, would it be done as a regular live show, or am I correct in imagining that it would done as if it is a magical show, so it would appear as if you are watching some magical device and rather than see actors you would see their shadows and they would move as if they were part of a magico-mechanical device rather than as a play?

Yes, I think you're onto something significant there. Training and stepped up construction finishing work. Those days are listed as moderate to busy by both Touring Plans & OI. And cancelled Cinematic shows indicate Diagon work & training. If they weren't constructing Diagon there is no way they would be cutting hours during this strong business time of the year. THE PUSH IS ON.

Or it's an indication that the park isn't looking to be as busy as they initially thought. But most likely it's an indication they were able to sell some after hours events. Plus they might have added more grad bash days. And as far as the idea that it's so many nights, the park has A LOT of private after hours events. They don't usually close the park early for them, but if the people are willing to pay they will. (Logic behind closing it early for grad bash)

They don't need to close the park early for training, it would be taking place in the land which isn't visible from in the park, and the only construction that would affect the park is the London area and so far they seem to have done pretty well moving the walls and sometimes making Disaster and Fear Factor dead ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
You've got me really excited for this show, Teebin!

I'd imagine this show will have all manner of illusions and 'magic' involved. It's so great to hear that we're getting live entertainment more compelling than the Hogsmeade shows, which are cute, but never something I was super thrilled to experience.

I picked a pretty bad couple of days to not be able to check the boards regularly :lol: The show sounds fantastic; it's great to see Universal diving a bit deeper into the lore ect for Diagon, and it sounds like it'll be really nicely presented.

You've got me really excited for this show, Teebin!

I'd imagine this show will have all manner of illusions and 'magic' involved. It's so great to hear that we're getting live entertainment more compelling than the Hogsmeade shows, which are cute, but never something I was super thrilled to experience.

Yessuh! It will be an excellent experience for both the guests and the actors involved I expect. That's why I've had my knickers in a knot ever since I was presented the details.

^ which black tank are you referring to?

Edit: oh I see an upright tank beyond the sand pile, but it appears dark gray on my puter.

On another note. I have never read the Beedle tales. What wild and fun effects could each story require? I would love to hear from those that have read each story. Tell us please.

Last edited:
^ which black tank are you referring to?
The black one. It's sort of biggish. It looks like this:

2a8kjnq.jpg

I have never read the Beedle tales. What wild and fun effects could each story require? I would love to hear from those that have read each story. Tell us please.

It's hard to say what sort of special effects might be required since we don't know in what style they'll be presenting the stories. The tale of "The Three Brothers" was told in an animated version of a Théâtre d'ombres (Shadow puppetry) style, which can be done either with actors/dancers or with no actors whatsoever:

[video=youtube;FYftvseVzuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYftvseVzuI[/video] [video=youtube;Gq4dKhGUSKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4dKhGUSKA[/video].

Last edited:
It's hard to say what sort of special effects might be required since we don't know in what style they'll be presenting the stories. The tale of "The Three Brothers" was told in an animated version of a Théâtre d'ombres (Shadow puppetry) style, which can be done either with actors/dancers

I would lean towards a cross between Weasleys and the Elizabethan style. Just my guess following the style of the films and previous UC/WB endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.