Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get completely off track, but clearly shows is an area that Universal is lacking in....two spaces are pretty much sitting empty all the time (FF and TL Amp)

Bill and Ted fits perfectly with HHN.

Halloween HORROR Nights: Bill and Ted is an R rated comedy show that riffs on pop culture from that year. Nothing scary about it

- - - Updated - - -

Not to get completely off track, but clearly shows is an area that Universal is lacking in....two spaces are pretty much sitting empty all the time (FF and TL Amp)

Most of their shows are pretty lackluster. I definitely think they need to up the ante in terms of shows/entertainment

I absolutely detest Fear Factor, but I really hope Bill & Ted finds another home if they get evicted. Not only is it absolutely the most hilarious show I saw (I only saw it twice, this year; I couldn't stop laughing at the Darth Vader/Spock joke), but it also fits HHN's theme.

Does anyone know what exactly is in that soundstage to the left of the library facade (New York)? It didn't look like it was used in HHN this year.

I know many people that would be very angry if they got rid of the Bill & Ted show at HHN. It is consistently funny and always brings in a crowd consistently nearly packing the theater at least once a night. Much more than what can be said for any of the other shows excluding Grinchmas, especially impressive factoring in the change in crowd size/demographic.

StartTrekGeek, that was the SS that housed Evil Dead last year. Unless you are talking about the mini-SS that is used for special events, which there were quite a few of last year too I believe.

Last edited:
There is actually a huge waiting area by Animal actors that could be used to form a line for the theater. I don't think that area is used for any lines if I recall. If you walk out of the Simpson's bathrooms and take a sharp left you land right into that waiting area. It is a pretty useless area, but I remember it because I have walked thru it several times and they used it for the Days fan fest.

I know many people that would be very angry if they got rid of the Bill & Ted show at HHN. It is consistently funny and always brings in a crowd consistently nearly packing the theater at least once a night. Much more than what can be said for any of the other shows excluding Grinchmas, especially impressive factoring in the change in crowd size/demographic.

StartTrekGeek, that was the SS that housed Evil Dead last year. Unless you are talking about the mini-SS that is used for special events, which there were quite a few of last year too I believe.

I wasn't talking about the one for Evil Dead. I was talking about the other one you mentioned (just to the left of the library) lol. Didn't know there were events there too! :lol:

There's no way to make a scary stage show, my friend.

Getting rid of Bill and Ted would be one of the dumbest things they could do to HHN.

I'm not saying they should get rid of Bill and Ted, but scary stage shows are possible. I saw 'Ghost Stories', a theatrical horror play, while it was here in Toronto. It was the closest you could get to watching a horror movie live. A lot of good scares in it. http://http://www.ghoststoriestheshow.co.uk/

Last edited:
I've purposely not read spoilers for the Gringotts ride, but I was wondering if someone can just answer me in a general way (without giving away too much). Will Gringotts be more like the Mummy, or more like Transformers/Spiderman? Thanks

I've purposely not read spoilers for the Gringotts ride, but I was wondering if someone can just answer me in a general way (without giving away too much). Will Gringotts be more like the Mummy, or more like Transformers/Spiderman? Thanks

Probably a mixture of transformers/spiderman and forbidden journey but on a coaster track. I asked the same question once and was told that it really is not a coaster at all, it just uses coaster tracks to move along. So anyway, I am bracing myself to be disappointed in it being a coaster, though as a dark ride it will be topnotch.

It'll be much closer to Spidey/Transformers, with some light coaster moments every now and again

Hopefully the work on the lampposts includes putting lasers somewhere along there for the Cinespec. That area is still lacking much pizzazz.
It is lacking. Last time I checked there was a themed box for the laser in the corner of the bridge to Expo / London waterfront. But the laser to go inside it wasn't even in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.