Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando Informer posted an article today with some good information and some things I haven't seen mentioned here yet. Things like how Kreacher will be in one of the windows on Grimmauld Place and occasionally peak his little head out from behind the curtains. Or how the Cabman’s Shelters will be serving “sausage-focused” food items.

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2014/rru-special-edition-how-diagon-alley-will-improve-hogsmeade-wizarding-formula/

Kreacher is going to be there?? OMG I must see that! lol

Orlando Informer posted an article today with some good information and some things I haven't seen mentioned here yet. Things like how Kreacher will be in one of the windows on Grimmauld Place and occasionally peak his little head out from behind the curtains. Or how the Cabman’s Shelters will be serving “sausage-focused” food items.

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2014/rru-special-edition-how-diagon-alley-will-improve-hogsmeade-wizarding-formula/

If these rumors are correct, this is a lot of new information we haven't heard of before. Breakfast being served at Florean Fortescues? Creacher appearing in the windows at 12 Grimmauld Place? Markus Scarr's dancing tattoos in Knockturn Alley and an interactive cake in Madam Puddifoots? Mr. Ollivander himself appearing in his wand shop? Butterbeer ice cream (even if that one is just speculation)? :drool:

Where is this guy getting his info from? How accurate is he, in general? You would think Orlando wouldn't accidentally spill such a massive amount of information to just one guy without some sort of official presentation.

Regarding the opening date, that "Who says lightning never strikes twice?" promo would lend itself very well to a June 18 opening date, given that that's the date Hogsmeade opened in 2010. Wouldn't it?

Surprised about these little easter eggs throughout the land, I had thought that we had already heard about pretty much everything in the expansion. All of these would be amazing details, if true!

Here's something I hadn't considered before: how will they handle folks getting OFF the HE in London that then want to enter DA?
I suppose they'll just have to walk to the back of the line, even if it's out the park? Or wherever they distribute return times, if they go that route?

Regarding the opening date, that "Who says lightning never strikes twice?" promo would lend itself very well to a June 18 opening date, given that that's the date Hogsmeade opened in 2010. Wouldn't it?

Well, seeing as I told you all that the press will be setting up for the grand opening on June 16, I would think that the 18th is a go. The June 16 date is not a rumor, it is an absolute fact!

Here's something I hadn't considered before: how will they handle folks getting OFF the HE in London that then want to enter DA?
I suppose they'll just have to walk to the back of the line, even if it's out the park? Or wherever they distribute return times, if they go that route?

I cannot imagine that they will be sent to the absolute back of a 2 - 3 hour line... I would almost think they will be treated like an express pass, and have a 30 minute wait at most.

Last edited:
Going May 5th-8th. What are the chances that they will have soft opening at this time and if I stay around the area they will let me in?

If, by some miracle, TMs can still get $50 rooms the night before, I may go that route so I can avoid doing the parking garage thing at 3am like I did with Phase I. However, I'm not counting on it, and I fully expect to be at the toll plaza at 3am like I was in 2010. Actually, I may want to check today, and definitely before Friday when they likely announce the opening date.

Get a cheap room on Idrive and walk over to the parks.

Parkscope pontificated on some of these things, including Nick guessing Kreacher would peak out, which I responded like the Evil Queen. I take that all with a heavy, AK approved salt lick.

Parkscope pontificated on some of these things, including Nick guessing Kreacher would peak out, which I responded like the Evil Queen. I take that all with a heavy, AK approved salt lick.

Mercy... You find Parkscope opinionated and dogmatic? Few here seem to have any use for Orlando Informer.

I am completely in the dark regarding either, as I just post here and follow a very few others on twitter.

So, do most of you assume that the grand opening ceremony will happen outside in London? Where do you think the evening ceremony will take place?

Where is this guy getting his info from? How accurate is he, in general? You would think Orlando wouldn't accidentally spill such a massive amount of information to just one guy without some sort of official presentation.

I believe most of Marc's latest column is sourced from Ken Storey's recent central Florida top 5 posts, which is linked to at the top of the article.

Mercy... You find Parkscope opinionated and dogmatic? Few here seem to have any use for Orlando Informer.

I am completely in the dark regarding either, as I just post here and follow a very few others on twitter.

So, do most of you assume that the grand opening ceremony will happen outside in London? Where do you think the evening ceremony will take place?

Woah woah! My statements were based on the fact OI before has been a collection of rumors, and this was something we mentioned as a 'hey it'd be cool if.' Wanted to put this to bed ASAP if OI picked it up from us. I'm more to self deprecate than toot my own horn teebs.

As for Today show, major bummers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.