Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Hogsmeade station done? Last pictures we saw on here still had scaffolding. I don't think they can open the train if both stations aren't done.

^ It could be anything from Al Roker's arm problem to a scheduling problem with others that were supposed to appear on site; perhaps others from the UK.

Last edited:
Is the Hogsmeade station done? Last pictures we saw on here still had scaffolding. I don't think they can open the train if both stations aren't done.

Soft openings won't start for another month at the earliest anyway. They have time.

Does anyone know why Friday's broadcast has been cancelled? Are they not sure about the opening date now...?

Unless something catastrophic happened in DA yesterday, the date is set. Comcast's CFO told everyone it would open in Q2 of this year (April-June).

Regarding the opening date, that "Who says lightning never strikes twice?" promo would lend itself very well to a June 18 opening date, given that that's the date Hogsmeade opened in 2010. Wouldn't it?

Huh... I didn't particularly take it to mean that when I saw it (took it more as a Harry Potter strikes again) but you make a great point... Could definitely be a hidden clue! Universal dangling it right in front of everyone's faces :lol: The most widely speculated and expected date for the grand opening is 6/18, so :thumbs:

I'm bummed that the Today Show bit isn't happening :down: Hopefully it's just postponed...

As stated on my Tweeter,

I know June 18th has been tossed around as a possible opening date. While perusing the UO site, I thought it curious when I saw that Express passes jumped in price on June 18th. Doesn't mean much really, but curious nonetheless.

As stated on my Tweeter,

I know June 18th has been tossed around as a possible opening date. While perusing the UO site, I thought it curious when I saw that Express passes jumped in price on June 18th. Doesn't mean much really, but curious nonetheless.

Oh really? Cuz by looking at other sites like the oi forums which say that the opening could not be pushed back to late July, I could've sworn the today show cancellation meant the apocalypse is upon us and the land will never open.

Today show cancelling could be because of the today show scheduling issues and have nothing to do with Universal. Lets see if they reschedule the trip soon.

All the other information coming out points to June 18th.

Today show cancelling could be because of the today show scheduling issues and have nothing to do with Universal. Lets see if they reschedule the trip soon.

All the other information coming out points to June 18th.

I know. I may be being overly optimistic but I don't think to he cancellation has anything to do with a delay in da. I think it may be a scheduling issue with the today show.

The first thing they are going to open is the train, I think... :thumbs:

This is an interesting point. We've been assuming they would open everything simultaneously. But it would make sense to open the Hogwarts Express and the London waterfront early and open the new sections bit by bit in order to lessen crowd management problems and encourage early on-site hotel registration. Assuming the HE stations are ready by mid-May, they could soft open it to on-site crowds during early park admission beginning, say, May 19, then extend soft openings to the general public in the evenings beginning May 26, adding a few hours earlier in the day as the week progresses. In the meantime, they could go ahead and open the waterfront to the general public and begin selling "sausage-focused" foods from the cabmen's shelters.

I imagine that opening the HE, the Knight Bus, the cabmen's shelters, and perhaps adding a couple of street performers to the waterfront would be enough to encourage fans who would like a sneak peak to book onsite hotels and begin visiting the park a good month before DA is formally open. They could even open the Leaky Cauldron early if they can block off the moving brick entrance until the grand opening. After all, Harry visits London and the Leaky Cauldron before he enters Diagon Alley, so an early LC opening wouldn't be inconsistent with the narrative.

Otherwise, if they wait open everything at once, I can't help but think that crowd management is going to be significantly worse than it was for Hogsmeade, given that DA is in such a narrow, enclosed space. But this all assumes the stations are ready, and for all we know, the Hogsmeade station could be the hold-up.

This is an interesting point. We've been assuming they would open everything simultaneously. But it would make sense to open the Hogwarts Express and the London waterfront early and open the new sections bit by bit in order to lessen crowd management problems and encourage early on-site hotel registration. Assuming the HE stations are ready by mid-May, they could soft open it to on-site crowds during early park admission beginning, say, May 19, then extend soft openings to the general public in the evenings beginning May 26, adding a few hours earlier in the day as the week progresses. In the meantime, they could go ahead and open the waterfront to the general public and begin selling "sausage-focused" foods from the cabmen's shelters.

I imagine that opening the HE, the Knight Bus, the cabmen's shelters, and perhaps adding a couple of street performers to the waterfront would be enough to encourage fans who would like a sneak peak to book onsite hotels and begin visiting the park a good month before DA is formally open. They could even open the Leaky Cauldron early if they can block off the moving brick entrance until the grand opening. After all, Harry visits London and the Leaky Cauldron before he enters Diagon Alley, so an early LC opening wouldn't be inconsistent with the narrative.

Otherwise, if they wait open everything at once, I can't help but think that crowd management is going to be significantly worse than it was for Hogsmeade, given that DA is in such a narrow, enclosed space. But this all assumes the stations are ready, and for all we know, the Hogsmeade station could be the hold-up.

Yes. However jk as well as Warner bros and creative have all expressed that opening the land in phases is not going to happen and opening the land all at once is a big priority

Yes. However jk as well as Warner bros and creative have all expressed that opening the land in phases is not going to happen and opening the land all at once is a big priority

Well technically, the Hogwarts Express is not located in Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley is near Charing Cross Road, while the HE would arrive & embark at the King's Cross Station. But you may well be right. I just don't remember hearing what the official take on this was.

Over-the-wall video posted yesterday.

He gets stopped by security at the end. Is it weird that I feel like I'm getting in trouble when I watch this? :lol:

[video=youtube;Zdmk_wwi5qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdmk_wwi5qk[/video]

EDIT: He says in the description that the employee who stopped him told him that the area doesn't open until June. More confirmation.

Reactions: Jenstar
Can anyone here confirm that the cancellation of Friday's event doesn't mean the opening date (June 18th) is changing...? Also, if it hasn't changed, when will they possibly do the announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.