Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, and foremost, here's some recent Hogsmeade/Madam Puddifoots footage from the Orlando Informer, if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkC_aCyh2w

Absolutely. Those pictures are worth their weight in gold.

"Can you believe how good this is!? look at how far people are willing to go to see it!"

You don't quietly open an expansion like this. You make damn sure everyone knows when it's open and when they can come see it. :lol:

True, but crowd management has to be taken into consideration, as well. Personally, pictures of crowds like we saw at the grand opening at 2010 make me want to stay as far away from Universal as possible until I hear crowd numbers and waiting times are a little more reasonable.

I would think it would be cool if many of you post on twitter that:

"The Today Show will be Universal Studios Friday, 4/25 to announce the grand opening date of Diagon Alley, and all AP holders are encouraged to attend! Be there at 7AM so you can be on TV!"

(i am nothing but trouble) :sneaky:

I would think it would be cool if many of you post on twitter that:

"The Today Show will be Universal Studios Friday, 4/25 to announce the grand opening date of Diagon Alley, and all AP holders are encouraged to attend! Be there at 7AM so you can be on TV!"

(i am nothing but trouble) :sneaky:

Deliciously evil :happy:

so someone is going to upload any possible clips to YouTube so I don't actually have to watch this show, right? or is it possible they hold on to the footage for future use (but then why have him go out on special assignment today?)

Just heard Today Show talent has been released from work tomorrow morning. Interpret that as you will.

Curiouser and curiouser

I am not concerned. It was never intended to be a public event to guests anyway. The fact that they may have been filming in Hogsmeade's Ollivanders does concern me a bit though. It suggests that Diagon Ollivanders may not be ready for primetime yet.

They (WB,UC, Nassal, KHS&S) are tripping over themselves in these final weeks. Up north he'ah (here), at the county fayuh (fair), we call it a Greased Pig Squeal AKA controlled chaos.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I am not concerned. It was never intended to be a public event to guests anyway. The fact that they may have been filming in Hogsmeade's Ollivanders does concern me a bit though. It suggests that Diagon Ollivanders may not be ready for primetime yet.

I've heard they filmed in Diagon and Hogsmeade.

And I'm not concerned, but if the rest of the cast was given off tomorrow, are they airing the things filmed today tomorrow?

First, and foremost, here's some recent Hogsmeade/Madam Puddifoots footage from the Orlando Informer, if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkC_aCyh2w

And, as I pointed out in the Hogsmeade thread (http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...ld-of-Harry-Potter-Part-2?p=365219#post365219), you can see in that video that the front right flower on the Madam Puddifoot's cake is disguising what is clearly a camera/sensor, presumably for the interactive wand effect on the adjacent cake.

I've heard they filmed in Diagon and Hogsmeade.

And I'm not concerned, but if the rest of the cast was given off tomorrow, are they airing the things filmed today tomorrow?

No, we will get a few live shots... at controlled angles. The b roll has always occurred, even the vignette stories, and that is why Al arrived at noon today.

The cool part is, what live shots will we see for the first time. I am excited at what might be revealed. Anything will blow my skirt up, I am sure.

To their defense, they probably don't want a huge rush of people at all once. I mean do you think they want a similar opening day like Phase 1 had? I would think if anything, they would want to suddenly open it, so then more people talk about it/have interest in it.

So? Announcing it later would stop that how? People will always show up in droves for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.