Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that concept art is accurate, it answers the question of what this thingie is on the blueprints. It's a drink stand.

fountaincropsection.jpg
This has to be the Fountain of Fair Fortune right?

Will those windows not be the London water front side? Otherwise train be facing wrong direction?

I don't have a clue what you are talking about... the KC loading platform is as far as one can get from the London and the Victoria Embankment. The far end of the station beyond Roker is about 8 feet from the south side of Gringotts bank.

Thanks! I really should have got a shot of The Shambles from the top of the street... it just is Diagon Alley to me! All curvey and wonky! York is a gorgeous city, steeped in history, very mystical feeling there.

I never noticed that tall bank at the end of the shambles. I love that street. Did you know that the streets once ran red with the blood of farm animals being slaughtered in it's many butcher shops of the day. Ain't that pleasant? :smiley:

New update from Screamscape today:

June 2014 - Wizarding World of Harry Potter - DIAGON ALLEY - (5/10/14) A few more details about the Gringotts ride and Diagon Alley ride came out last night during a team member Q&A session about the new Diagon Alley area. The ride experience itself on Gringotts is said to be approximately four minutes long and as expected, the entire main queue for the attraction will be indoors.
They would not confirm or deny the revived rumors that suggest interactive wands might be sold to cause certain magical things to happen around the Wizarding World, however there was also a mention about something called “dark corners” which they would not discuss.
We’ve already seen some minor changes made to the Hogsmeade side of things, with the closure of the old Zonko’s shop (and expansion of Honeydukes), and while no major details were mentioned, management did confirm that a few more changes would be made to Hogsmeade down the line.
A question also came up regarding the transportation of strollers on the Hogwarts Express ride when traveling between the parks. Only compact fold-up strollers will be allowed onto the Hogwarts Express, however guests who have rented ECVs will have to leave it at one station and pick up another one at the other station.
An exact opening date was not given at the presentation, though a Loews chairman slipped up in a presentation the other day and mentioned that Diagon Alley would have a “mid-June” opening. This falls in line with a rumored June 20th date that I’ve heard mentioned, but again… a lot can happen between now and then and Universal isn’t going to open anything until it is ready. With that in mind, if you are just dying to see Diagon Alley (and I know thousands of you are!) keep your travel plans flexible.

Pretty amazing progress! That photo raises an interesting question though; I wonder why they installed real windows on both ends of King's Cross on the waterfront, thereby creating a view of unthemed backstage areas from certain perspectives, if they've faked the windows on platform 9 3/4 itself?

New update from Screamscape today:

June 2014 - Wizarding World of Harry Potter - DIAGON ALLEY - (5/10/14) A few more details about the Gringotts ride and Diagon Alley ride came out last night during a team member Q&A session about the new Diagon Alley area. The ride experience itself on Gringotts is said to be approximately four minutes long and as expected, the entire main queue for the attraction will be indoors.
They would not confirm or deny the revived rumors that suggest interactive wands might be sold to cause certain magical things to happen around the Wizarding World, however there was also a mention about something called “dark corners” which they would not discuss.
We’ve already seen some minor changes made to the Hogsmeade side of things, with the closure of the old Zonko’s shop (and expansion of Honeydukes), and while no major details were mentioned, management did confirm that a few more changes would be made to Hogsmeade down the line.
A question also came up regarding the transportation of strollers on the Hogwarts Express ride when traveling between the parks. Only compact fold-up strollers will be allowed onto the Hogwarts Express, however guests who have rented ECVs will have to leave it at one station and pick up another one at the other station.
An exact opening date was not given at the presentation, though a Loews chairman slipped up in a presentation the other day and mentioned that Diagon Alley would have a “mid-June” opening. This falls in line with a rumored June 20th date that I’ve heard mentioned, but again… a lot can happen between now and then and Universal isn’t going to open anything until it is ready. With that in mind, if you are just dying to see Diagon Alley (and I know thousands of you are!) keep your travel plans flexible.

Nothing really new here except the dark corners bit but thanks for sharing!

I just booked a room for June 24-30. Are the odds good that it will be open by then? I have heard rumored dates of the 18th and the 20th of June. Going to wait on airfare until I am 100% sure it will be open. Its so much easier (and free) to change a room but the airfare is a different story, lol.

Unless something unexpected happens, you should be good for those dates, though I remind anyone planning to go for the opening weeks of any attractions that that's when the growing pains occur and often unexpected down times because it's the first real world test of the systems in constant operation with guests.

I just booked a room for June 24-30. Are the odds good that it will be open by then? I have heard rumored dates of the 18th and the 20th of June. Going to wait on airfare until I am 100% sure it will be open. Its so much easier (and free) to change a room but the airfare is a different story, lol.

I feel very confident you will be there when it's officially open. I'm arriving the 18th and moving to WDW the 22nd.

You will be fine...Everyone is looking at a soft opening date maybe a week or two before than anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.