Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never noticed that tall bank at the end of the shambles. I love that street. Did you know that the streets once ran red with the blood of farm animals being slaughtered in it's many butcher shops of the day. Ain't that pleasant? :smiley:

It's at the end of "Stonegate" :) which tbf is like a bigger shambles!

I really must say, and I could be wayyy off here. But IMHO, after looking at the video from OI, I do believe this apparatus of truss is just temporary. The objects circled are just truss corner blocks bolted together. (They're used in theatrical and entertainment lighting to connect pieces of truss together, usually at a T joint or four way intersection). It just seems odd that they would bolt two together like that to gain height and connect the horizontal arm for what would be a permanent installation. I'm not an engineer by any means but I figure they would design something a little more customized for the support structure of such an important and potentially hazardous piece. Something that would be more like a cantilever without the suspension cables. And something which would be internally integrated from the start.

Also I wonder what the piece on the left with the question mark pointing to it is?
Even from the other angles from the older pics it seems very customized.:shrug:

Edit: oh and also, look there's the window on top of the cylinder from the concept art. I suppose that they did shorten the cylinder part from the drawing. I believe Teebin was inquiring about that.

Last edited:
So, I noticed today that the park hours changed again for next month to bring both parks the same.

For the longest time, IoA was opening at 8am and closing at 9pm towards the end of June. Now starting on the 19th, both parks share the same opening and closing times with the exception of two days. On the 21st IoA closes an hour later at 10pm with US closing at 9pm. Then on the 24th IoA closes an hour early at 9pm with US staying open till 10pm. From the June 25th through the 30th, both parks share the same times of 9am and 10pm.

Two things stick out. The first is from June 14th through the 18th, US closes at 8pm which is an hour early compared most of the month. Could this be for press and media, family and friends, employees, and the cast and crew of both the films and the land to come out and enjoy the area before they unleash it to the world? The other odd thing is the July park hours have not been touched yet. July still has IoA opening an hour early and closing an hour early compared to US. I have a feeling that July will be getting updated to the 9am-10pm schedule soon. It solves their problem of what to do with HE when both parks are not open.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if when the original area opened, if they did team member previews for it where they could bring a guest? It would be awesome if they did that this time because I know a few people who would take me! :D

Does anyone know if when the original area opened, if they did team member previews for it where they could bring a guest? It would be awesome if they did that this time because I know a few people who would take me! :D

No, that will not be happening. Didn't happen then and more than likely won't be happening this go around.

Also, if we don't get an opening date this week on Today or from the new blog I'm going to be very confused as to what they're waiting on. The next Lunar Eclipse?

Last edited:
Fantastic pics, awhen! So they've painted the storefronts black and also that seems like the final look of the tiles on the column next to the sign for The Leaky Cauldron! :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up, Badgeking! Seems they keep fidgeting with the hours. Still a good indicator of their plans.

Stupid question....I thought the dragon was supposed to be static, except for the fire, but that looks a bit more elaborate than just a "statue"...so are we looking at some other movement possibly?

Is there a link to see areial progress shots? or can anyone post the pics?

This is from a post on this forum a few days ago...This is all I could find.
B74E287AD7C6425C9478B9DAB7569B26-jpg.jpg

So I've heard a rumor (on Orlando Informer) that training for Ollivanders-Diagon Alley staff has been postponed until further notice and probably won't resume until the end of the month at the earliest. Anyone heard anything corroborating or contradicting this? If it's true, what are we looking at as far as soft openings? Is it possible they've decided to hold off on everything until Gringotts is 100% ready rather than soft opening shops & shows ahead of rides?

So I've heard a rumor (on Orlando Informer) that training for Ollivanders-Diagon Alley staff has been postponed until further notice and probably won't resume until the end of the month at the earliest. Anyone heard anything corroborating or contradicting this? If it's true, what are we looking at as far as soft openings? Is it possible they've decided to hold off on everything until Gringotts is 100% ready rather than soft opening shops & shows ahead of rides?

I haven't heard anything to confirm/deny this, but I'm personally of the opinion that you shouldn't believe anything you read rumors wise on OI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts