Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The iron fencing clearly isn't finished and if the team didn't think of something so obvious about the points being dangerous, then I would be completly shocked.

Some construction shots from today. I'm not often there on weekdays so it was fun seeing them working visibly. I won't post redundant lamppost globe shots, but there's a few hi-res ones on my photostream.

Hope that's not too many.

Reactions: Jenstar
14168825162_58ae3aa921_c.jpg

Just when you thought Wyndham's was done...!

Thanks for the pics.

What do you reckon they're doing to Kings Cross?

I can't answer the why, but they were bolting on some rough looking pieces of wood. Here's a pic of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot this guy. I thought it was interesting because there seems to be some wall siding or roof shingles behind the railing next to him. I was also wondering what the hanging sign says but I couldn't get it clearly.

Great pics! Does anyone plan on youtubing every days Diagon segment on the Today show? No way for me to see it unless they post the segment on their site. Ugh.

Thanks for all the wonderful pics, awhen! There's no such thing as too many pics! :thumbs:

BTW, here's a video from iThemePark filmed yesterday:

[video=youtube;9XfwKGCDckM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XfwKGCDckM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Great pics! Does anyone plan on youtubing every days Diagon segment on the Today show? No way for me to see it unless they post the segment on their site. Ugh.

I'm gonna DVR it, but I don't think I can upload it from my DVR, unless I film my TV and that would just be crap quality. It's very likely it'll be up on the Today Show page later in the day, though.

I will more than likely be videoing it on my iPhone and then uploading it to YouTube. :thumbs: I did that with the Penn and Teller announcement a couple years back and the video/audio still looked amazing for recording my TV.

1z1vkog.gif

WEEK OF MAY 11, 2014

Hey guys! This week's Diagon Alley update has got a lot of new information. We are on the verge of the expansion's soft openings, and almost a month away from its rumored and speculated mid-June opening. Without further ado, I'll start with some written information:

COSTUMES

- Costumes have arrived on property and are amazing. From confidential sources, we are seeing some truly magic-inspired design decisions. While there cannot be pictures, the descriptions I've got will be sure to amaze.
- For starters, King's Cross and Hogsmeade Station TMs will be wearing very formal and adequate clothing, with a lot of red and yellow for King's, including ties and jackets.
- Throughout the London side of Diagon Alley, TMs will be wearing clothes that mirror the public workers throughout the actual city of London. We've got bright neon reflective jackets for Park Services, and basic greys and USF-looking shirts for Foods TMs.
- Inside Diagon Alley, Gringotts TMs will enjoy a very formal and rigid-looking button down designed to emulate a security officer's uniform, but not as official as what is worn within the films.
- Weasley's Wizard Wheezes' females will be wearing Molly Weasley couture, with bubble skirts and a warm palette. They look very cozy, and we know Molly had a say in her sons' design decisions.
- Florean Fortescue's calls forth very pastel and light colors. Males will wear a blue pastel vest on a white shirt with exaggerated collars and thick sleeves. Women will wear a dirndl-style dress with a pink pastel base on top of white.
- There will be an array of vests worn by Ollivanders Wand Shop staff, all very reflective and shiny.
- Madam Malkin's females will wear a suede peacock-inspired robe with a respective feathered hat. Very ornate, but still with a basic silhouette.
- Knockturn Alley serves up darkness and jackets for everyone. The respective hats and slacks are very ominous and bring forth Victorian style adornments and embellishments, while still keeping the dark palettes we're going to love.

GENERAL UPDATES

- As seen below, a lot of things can be seen from the rear of Diagon. A forced perspective structure will accentuate the staircase next to Gringotts and really add a sense of ascending vertical space to the themed land's weenie. The dragon's base can also be seen from here.
- Lampposts have fully arrived! There are several detail shots for everyone to ogle.
- In addition, the pavement on the waterfront has been mostly finished and has already started to receive the curbs from the small park next to it. The embankment is slightly lower in elevation, so there are steps that lead up to the circle in which the Knight Bus and Eros fountain stand.
- The aging team has arrived and is showing more and more love to the palettes of the London facades. We can only imagine what wonders they're working on the inside of Diagon, but we shall soon see!
- Hogsmeade Station is receiving much love! Not too many pictures because the over-the-wall shots on the original Wizarding World post are pretty crazy and show more of the organization. In addition, some detail shots of Madam Puddifoot's are included.

PHOTO UPDATE

DSCN2676_zps198529a7.jpg

DSCN2674_zpsde05a9a0.jpg

DSCN2669_zps3d5115e3.jpg

DSCN2672_zpsae360a47.jpg

DSCN2667_zps71ea5d89.jpg

DSCN2656_zpsf915b1b8.jpg

DSCN2646_zps31566d71.jpg

DSCN2652_zps553b8573.jpg

DSCN2638_zps46c57c40.jpg

DSCN2636_zpsa6607e20.jpg

DSCN2637_zpsc01ee892.jpg

DSCN2643_zpsd6ab6d4b.jpg

DSCN2642_zps33fe13b1.jpg

DSCN2640_zps64f797f0.jpg

DSCN2639_zps1157d5df.jpg

DSCN2631_zps749efe39.jpg
DSCN2632_zpsd253c7ab.jpg

DSCN2629_zps39c33414.jpg

DSCN2626_zps2af59c7c.jpg

DSCN2620_zps945ef0f3.jpg

DSCN2618_zps18d41152.jpg

DSCN2613_zps225d3f8c.jpg

DSCN2615_zps46769553.jpg

DSCN2614_zpsa5a12ae4.jpg

DSCN2612_zps845fc3cc.jpg

DSCN2607_zps3cdc40d4.jpg

DSCN2608_zps6c19fa04.jpg
v

DSCN2603_zps05036214.jpg

DSCN2598_zps51bced12.jpg

DSCN2600_zps8310065d.jpg

DSCN2596_zps497453fc.jpg

DSCN2590_zpsb614b972.jpg

DSCN2578_zpsb6b1c6ff.jpg

See y'all again next week!

Nice update, Viola! So looking forward to everything and the announcement tomorrow. Also looking forward to what you will bring to OU. Great first major update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts