Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I have been thinking about it for over a year and I cannot come up with a nifty solution... would it be UK or SF related? My premier question has always been, why didn't they just excavate it to the level of the rest of the lagoon bottom.

I would like to see a faux beach...or maybe just cover it in nice black stones with some nautical props that have "washed ashore"

Yeah, and I have been thinking about it for over a year and I cannot come up with a nifty solution... would it be UK or SF related? My premier question has always been, why didn't they just excavate it to the level of the rest of the lagoon bottom.

That would've been my choice. But they must've left it like that for some reason :shrug: They excavated the rest of the length of the wall, so... I'm sure we'll 'get it' in a few weeks, but in the meantime it is frustrating...

Walls are getting ready for previews. Photo from @MickeyXtreme:

EDIT: not letting me post the pic for some reason. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/MickeyXtreme/status/465872608974893057

Yeah, Twitter is making it harder to get the pic links, especially now that they allow multiple pics per tweet. Anyways, here it is:

BnccqweIgAAZ8aL.jpg:large

BTW, from yesterday also from @MIckeyXtreme:

"Look through these walls... #DiagonAlley awaits on the other side @UniversalORL so psyched! #WWoHP #HarryPotter"
BnZOQUiCYAASXBb.jpg:large

Looks like they've installed the sign with the safety warnings for the Hogwarts Express!

I think they just moved these walls for easier access to these steps because they look like they were just poured.

- - - Updated - - -

But what do I know.

Thanks. I really expected the walkway from the fountain to the embankment to be far wider that that... As is, it appears 4' wide when I expected 12-16'. Anyone else?

I'm not sure, but I think it is wider than that. Those panels on the wall are more that two feet wide, no?

EDIT: If memory serves, the walls are about 8 feet, and the panels look to be at about a 2:1 in height to width. That would make the panel about 4' wide and the gate/path around 8' wide. Still pretty narrow for a theme park, though. (end edit)

Also, another photo from @MickeyXtreme:

"Scrims are down on one of the Entrance/Exit Pillars in London #DiagonAlley @UniversalORL pic.twitter.com/gUNJ860Plu"
Bncy_1OCYAAKkEj.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I think it is wider than that. Those panels on the wall are more that two feet wide, no?

Good point... in most cases, the panels are 4'x8' (standard), in which case, the walkway might be 6' if we are seeing full panels in that shot... they have customized so many of them it is hard to tell.

So I've heard a rumor (on Orlando Informer) that training for Ollivanders-Diagon Alley staff has been postponed until further notice and probably won't resume until the end of the month at the earliest. Anyone heard anything corroborating or contradicting this? If it's true, what are we looking at as far as soft openings? Is it possible they've decided to hold off on everything until Gringotts is 100% ready rather than soft opening shops & shows ahead of rides?
I know i'm a bit late, but 2 things. I've heard that yes Ollivanders isnt ready and training isnt happening yet, and the words "phased opening" were mentioned. I'm of the opinion that this means softs could be sans attractions initially.

I am surprised the ornamental fencing isn't taller, seems like it would lend itself to people hopping over it quite easily?

It also seems unnecessarily and dangerously pointy! Only half-joking when I say that I'd hate to be that first poor toddler who falls off dad's shoulders onto that thing. "Child Impaled at Universal"

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.