Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the additional confirmation, rockingamer20 :thumbs:

Hat tip to @AllAroundOrlando: "Some cool [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG] Instagram photos from a contractor on the project. [HASHTAG]#owlpoop[/HASHTAG]"

Bp0YEYjCcAA_G78.jpg:large
Bp0YEaRCYAA5T6c.jpg:large

Some other cool pics on that IG account: http://instagram.com/marablestudios :thumbs:

Find it funny that HTF posted this on twitter as a reply to Parkscope revolving around this E! Opening Event on the 20th:

@Parkscope did I mention I took the 21st off work about a month ago...

Universal just needs to come out with a date at this point! With people able to set there DVR's already for the E! show that clearly says OPENING in the description of the show (at least on the xfinity box I am on), the word is going to start spreading. First Variety reporting the 20th and now E! having a scheduled show on the 20th about the opening and nether source has changed it yet either means the PR department is failing BAD or they gave them the date and since the announcement is coming any day now, they don't want to make them change it.

Either way, with the date so close now (10 days!), I am not 100% sure it is going to be a TOTAL madhouse like Phase 1. With Phase 1, people had more than enough time to request off work and get airfare from around the world. With the date being only 10 days away now, most airfares "early saver" type rates are gone and most people can't get off work with such little notice unless they call in sick. It will be mostly the locals swarming the place from the 21st (if that is indeed the date) giving them a little over a week to deal with one "rush" before the people that booked the HP package arrive. Seems like a MUCH better way to help control the swarm compared to Phase 1.

There is media that was reporting that Falcon's Fury at BGT is open already.....

The media doesn't always know.

There is media that was reporting that Falcon's Fury at BGT is open already.....

The media doesn't always know.

The Variety article I take as any other piece of media...I don't believe it until it comes from the source.

However, the E! Red Carpet event I believe 100%. First off, you don't list it as a TV show your doing if its not confirmed. Second, E! is a division of NBC Universal. So E! is not your normal media. This was totally approved, created, funded and produced by Universal. Since The Tonight Show is also on NBC, it was also approved and funded with money from Universal. Since Universal PICKED the date to promote the OPENING EVENT, I believe it. Since Variety just happened to list the same date a day before, it just adds more evidence to the growing list of facts and sources.

I see people saying the 17th of June 18th of June. Okay. If Universal stated it would open *Summer of 2014*, it will be after June 20 or 21st (Whichever the First Calender Day of *Summer* falls on).

Should we be reading anything into the fact the HTF posted to his Twitter that he will be going to the park for [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] this morning?

So who is heading up the 2am meet up at the front entrance to Universal for the wait to get into Diagon on the 21st :lol:

I think that's exactly what they're trying to avoid with this "Quiet Opening." But I'll be on-site that weekend so.. so help me!

I am so annoyed right now... My sister was unexpectedly called by a relative on Monday who has money to take one of us, and she chose to take her, and they happened to plan it for the 20th and 21st...

I'll be there on opening day! I've taken the 20th and 21st off just in case. Fingers crossed...I was there for Phase I, gotta keep up the trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.