Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. We went through this with phase one where spoilers were hidden. General things about the land should be discussed here. Details about Gringotts should be in the Gringotts thread which I will not read. Specific ride and show scenes and specific effects should not be discussed here.

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a Hogwarts Express thread for spoilers for that ride and all current spoiler posts should be moved to there. It's not fair to exclude people like me who want to be apart of the discussion but don't want to know the play by play. That's common courtesy!

Agreed :) This thread should be more for general Diagon Alley Info. I mean how hard is it to put spoiler tags on certain things, not everything. I enjoy reading this thread because its the most updated and I want to be up to date when softs roll around.

Nope. We went through this with phase one where spoilers were hidden. General things about the land should be discussed here. Details about Gringotts should be in the Gringotts thread which I will not read. Specific ride and show scenes and specific effects should not be discussed here.

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a Hogwarts Express thread for spoilers for that ride and all current spoiler posts should be moved to there. It's not fair to exclude people like me who want to be apart of the discussion but don't want to know the play by play. That's common courtesy!

I agree there should be a HE thread. But none of the threads should be "spoiler-free" unless explicitly stated in the name of the thread. This thread is about DA, so one who reads this thread should expect explicit details about DA including descriptions of the stores, pictures, videos, etc which are all considered spoilers. It's impossible to define what is and isn't a spoiler since everybody would have their own definition. I think you would be happier if you started a spoiler-free thread and stayed in there!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed :) This thread should be more for general Diagon Alley Info. I mean how hard is it to put spoiler tags on certain things, not everything. I enjoy reading this thread because its the most updated and I want to be up to date when softs roll around.

There is a thread for Soft Opening Watch :thumbs:

I'm happy reading almost anything and am enjoying looking at pictures of DA itself, I'm just avoiding on ride video or pictures from the Gringotts queue. It isn't too hard to filter and avoid the things you don't want to see imo :smiley:

I'm happy reading almost anything and am enjoying looking at pictures of DA itself, I'm just avoiding on ride video or pictures from the Gringotts queue. It isn't too hard to filter and avoid the things you don't want to see imo :smiley:

Fair enough. I'm pretty into spoilers, although I'd prefer to ride Gringotts before seeing any behind the scene/lights on footage. In that aspect I'm glad nobody was allowed to film the ride last night, as the ride was breaking down quite a bit from what I hear.

- - - Updated - - -

it seems that another Potter Attraction is in the works and my response is this... No s*&t.

Any more details you can hint at?

I've had a trip planned for Orlando now for almost 5 months. I fly out from LA on July 5th and come back on the 11th. When I made the trip, I expected it, based on all the rumors, that Diagon would have been opened for at least a week or two weeks and I'd just be going shortly after it open. Now, however, it turns out that I will be there on the grand opening day just because that day now falls during my planned trip. What tips can you guys give me for getting it on opening day. I was around for phase 1 but I came in almost 3 weeks after opening and everything was pretty calm. Do I have to like camp overnight at city walk to get in to this thing or what should I expect haha. I remember photos from last year that showed the outstretched line outside of the park so could someone please legitimately explain a plan of attack I should have? I'm cool with whatever i'd just like to have a true idea of what I'm up against...

Are you staying onsite? I did the same thing as you and planned around it already being open by early July, yet obviously now that is when the grand opening will take place. If you are staying onsite before July 8th, there is a strong possibility that Diagon Alley will be open in the morning for specifically onsite guests, with softs for the general public later in the day. If you want to avoid the crazy crowds, you should take advantage of the guest previews or the softs before July 8th to have a more pleasant experience. :thumbs:

I'm extremely annoyed they wouldn't let people record Escape from Gringotts UGH

Why? A video would most likely not do it justice. Especially considering it's in 3d. Don't you want to be the least bit surprised? I could see reading about the attraction, but watching a POV seems kinds pointless and too spoiler heavy.

Cool review about DA food:

"The Tongue Tying Lemon Squash definitely left us making a puckering face. The "tongue tying" in the name is dead-on. The actual Gillywater is a lot like flavored water, with extras on the flavor. It's like a sucker punch of lemon right at the end. It was the color of lemonade, but so not like lemonade.

The Otter's Fizzy Orange Juice is like slightly carbonated, slightly watered-down orange soda with a rim of cinnamon and sugar and a fresh orange slice. It was refreshing. While we thought the cinnamon would be overwhelming, it was just a light dusting. This was a popular drink, according to the helpful staff.

Last but not least, the Fishy Green Ale. This was, by far, the most adventurous drink there. A lot of journalists in line with us declined. The Diagon Alley team member dressed in his robes and hat grinned ear to ear as he described the "fish eggs" that release a sweet, tart explosion. The drink was a light sky blue with blueberry-something -- best described as exploding Boba Tea bubbles, but better! -- at the bottom.

With every sip from the Fishy Green Ale comes a fish egg or two. It's an odd sensation because it's a delicate little bubble or fruit, or something. No chewing involved. It bursts right away and the tarty flavor one would experience from a Sweet Tart explodes in liquid fashion. Highly recommended if you can get past the name and the Diagon Alley team members' description of it."

Source: http://www.floridatoday.com/story/entertainment/2014/06/19/diagon-alley-drink-du-jour-not-butterbeer/10837789/

Reactions: Jenstar
Cool review about DA food:

"The Tongue Tying Lemon Squash definitely left us making a puckering face. The "tongue tying" in the name is dead-on. The actual Gillywater is a lot like flavored water, with extras on the flavor. It's like a sucker punch of lemon right at the end. It was the color of lemonade, but so not like lemonade.

The Otter's Fizzy Orange Juice is like slightly carbonated, slightly watered-down orange soda with a rim of cinnamon and sugar and a fresh orange slice. It was refreshing. While we thought the cinnamon would be overwhelming, it was just a light dusting. This was a popular drink, according to the helpful staff.

Last but not least, the Fishy Green Ale. This was, by far, the most adventurous drink there. A lot of journalists in line with us declined. The Diagon Alley team member dressed in his robes and hat grinned ear to ear as he described the "fish eggs" that release a sweet, tart explosion. The drink was a light sky blue with blueberry-something -- best described as exploding Boba Tea bubbles, but better! -- at the bottom.

With every sip from the Fishy Green Ale comes a fish egg or two. It's an odd sensation because it's a delicate little bubble or fruit, or something. No chewing involved. It bursts right away and the tarty flavor one would experience from a Sweet Tart explodes in liquid fashion. Highly recommended if you can get past the name and the Diagon Alley team members' description of it."

Source: http://www.floridatoday.com/story/entertainment/2014/06/19/diagon-alley-drink-du-jour-not-butterbeer/10837789/
Sounds quite interesting. I know I'll want to try a few. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is the Fishy Green Ale actually alcoholic?

I am not really sure where to post this, so I have it in both threads:
Does anyone know what the single rider line experience is like on Gringott's? Do single riders still see Weasley's office and get the elevator experience?

Sounds quite interesting. I know I'll want to try a few. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is the Fishy Green Ale actually alcoholic?

No, I don't believe so. They sampled it on the today show along with butterbeer and other drinks. They did not show any of the actual beers, and made a point to say the butterbeer was non-alcoholic. So I got the feeling if the fishy green ale was alcoholic they wouldn't have showed it at all.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe so. They sampled it on the today show along with butterbeer and other drinks. They did not show any of the actual beers, and made a point to say the butterbeer was non-alcoholic. So I got the feeling if the fishy green ale was alcoholic they wouldn't have showed it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha, thanks. I missed the Today show and didn't see that. I only ask because my boyfriend is quite interested in trying the new beers since he loves the Hog's Head Ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.