Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 406 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I have opinions on TPR. Probably the same as yours. Just making a point of how bad it's gotten. When I was on the DisBoards, my signature was "too creepy" and I got a temp ban for it because some woman complained. Hence, my point of people trying to dictate forums.

And their POV videos on youtube are always filled with their talking and faux screaming. I've never had an opportunity to whine about that in a public forum where people understand what I'm talking about.

Now back to topic.

"It's a DVD you record in front of a green screen. Costs about $70."

So Shutterbutton's sells moving pictures by giving you a DVD that you play on a TV when you get home? Don't know if that's as appealing as I thought...

I was thinking about going around the first week of August. Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but how do you think the crowds will be around then?

But for the purposes of the people going just to see the new land, do you think it would die out by then?

Orange County Public Schools (Orlando area school system) goes back on August 15, so the first 2 weeks of August are going to be quite busy, mainly Orlando area people trying to squeeze in a visit before school goes back in. I would suggest 3rd week of August.

Orange County Public Schools (Orlando area school system) goes back on August 15, so the first 2 weeks of August are going to be quite busy, mainly Orlando area people trying to squeeze in a visit before school goes back in. I would suggest 3rd week of August.

Yeah, as someone who usually goes to Florida in early-mid Aug, the parks seriously die down once schools start. The only issue is that the parks usually close earlier, as well.

I just watched the video of the walkthrough of the King's cross queue, and I'm really impressed with the walking through the brick wall effect but I was wondering one thing. Since you view the effect then walk around a corner to go through the "wall," do you think people with hang back at the point where you can view the effect to take pictures / videos of the other members of their party walking through the wall? I am imagining lots of hold-ups at this point of the queue, and I wonder how disruptive this might be to the overall flow.
Absolutely right. It will be a thoughout nightmare unless ops shouts people through.
Then again,the train itself doesn't have very high capacity, so maybe they can pluse people through in synch with dispatches and avoid rushing you too much...

Does anyone know how frequently the shows will run?

I believe they will alternate about every half hour like in Hogsmeade.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone timed the actual Hogwarts Express ride, from loading to departure?
The motion of the train is exactly 4 minutes. There's no way to judge the final loading time from previews, but I'm hoping the total cycle time will be around 6-7 minutes.

Yeah, as someone who usually goes to Florida in early-mid Aug, the parks seriously die down once schools start. The only issue is that the parks usually close earlier, as well.

Not like a SeaWorld-level early closing:p Universal/IOA doesn't generally close any earlier than 8:00 (although they occasionally have events that close a park at 6 pm) but anyways...:focus:

Random thought about the switchback queues for the shops that are behind the facades... as crowds diminish, be it in 3 years or later, does anyone think that the switchbacks might be removed and actual shops built to match the facades at that time?

Random thought about the switchback queues for the shops that are behind the facades... as crowds diminish, be it in 3 years or later, does anyone think that the switchbacks might be removed and actual shops built to match the facades at that time?

I would say no, just to keep a crowd control in effect for the shops...I can say that every time I go in a shop in Hogsmeade to this day it is very tightly packed and hard to enjoy the experience

I noticed this door/wall on the Inside the Magic walk-through video that was posted a few pages back. It looks like the entire wall opens up. Is this a service entrance for vehicles or machinery?

door_zps38b9b864.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I noticed this door/wall on the Inside the Magic walk-through video that was posted a few pages back. It looks like the entire wall opens up. Is this a service entrance for vehicles or machinery?

door_zps38b9b864.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Exactly, it leads to the backstage road between Diagon and Fear Factor. If they ever put in Ministry of Magic I can imagine an access path built through there.

Exactly, it leads to the backstage road between Diagon and Fear Factor. If they ever put in Ministry of Magic I can imagine an access path built through there.

Ah, very cool!

Also, I've been meaning to ask - did you hear any sound effects of a train passing overhead on the 'bridge to nowhere'?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned/already done, but any idea if uni is going to change their August hours to go a little later, to accommodate higher crowds due to being the first and second month of diagon bein open? They are open til 10 in July, wondering if that will make it's way to August too?

Ah, very cool!

Also, I've been meaning to ask - did you hear any sound effects of a train passing overhead on the 'bridge to nowhere'?

The answer to that was posted by quint yesterday or the day before. There are train sounds.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned/already done, but any idea if uni is going to change their August hours to go a little later, to accommodate higher crowds due to being the first and second month of diagon bein open? They are open til 10 in July, wondering if that will make it's way to August too?

No one, not even Universal Studios knows the answer to this. That is the business of park operations and can change on a moments notice. Closing might be listed as 8pm tomorrow but due to demand may be extended to 10pm at noon. So, don't believe a definite answer to this.

I believe they will alternate about every half hour like in Hogsmeade.

- - - Updated - - -

The motion of the train is exactly 4 minutes. There's no way to judge the final loading time from previews, but I'm hoping the total cycle time will be around 6-7 minutes.

Actually the train in motion is exactly 3:20 seconds from station to station.

Status
Not open for further replies.