Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hits me now that the LN[SUB]2[/SUB] tank ("dewar" for the hyper accurate among you) next to Gringotts is only half the size of the one outside of T2 3D. Dat's alotta falling smoke screen!

Just curious if it "bothers" anyone that the train will be moving backwards on the way back to Diagon? Judging by these pictures you'll definitely be able to see it. Personally, I don't let these small details bother me, but I know there are plenty of people that get upset about such things.

Just curious if it "bothers" anyone that the train will be moving backwards on the way back to Diagon? Judging by these pictures you'll definitely be able to see it. Personally, I don't let these small details bother me, but I know there are plenty of people that get upset about such things.

Not really. If you are able to see it you will have to seriously look for it, it would only be viewable at least from the look of the pics for seconds at most. So unless someone sits in a viewing spot and waits I don't think it will be a big deal. Then again people still go crazy over the fj show building, so I'm sure there will be a small section of "haters". I'm more happy just to have the land as a whole and experience things we grew up reading and viewing in person.

Doesn't bother me as long as I can't see it going backwards from inside of either HP lands.

Wow dude...you're such a nerd. LOL But I love ya for it because you spend time on interesting stuff that I wouldn't think twice, or even once about, and then I find myself glad that you did.

Poor bored me... I went on a journey to find out what kind of stone the facade of the Wyndham will be finished to resemble. Unlike the embankment wall which is faux granite, Wyndham will be finished to resemble Portland Stone, which is a kind of limestone quarried on the isle of Portland, Dorset, England.

History:
http://www.delfontmackintosh.co.uk/Theatres/WyndhamsTheatre/WyndhamsTheatre_History.asp

Portland Stone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_stone

I was watching Nick and it went to commercial, and then i see the diagon alley commercial , i didn't know they came on TV but very interesting cause mostly kids watch nick so they must be targeting them

Yup I just saw it on NBC too! I think it might be similar/same as one of the teasers they showed...

Shot of Hogwarts
"Think you've seen it all"
Bricks to Diagon Alley Opening
Shot of WWW
"Think Again"
Gringotts bank front, two shots of Hogwarts Express (one with Hagrid)
*Lightening bolt*
"Summer 2014"
Then the Universal Orlando Globe

I think it's an effective enough tease that anyone who cares enough about Potter will head to Google (although it really should have included a Universal website or something).

Last edited:
I think it's an effective enough tease that anyone who cares enough about Potter will head to Google (although it really should have included a Universal website or something).

You had it right with tease... it is just what they need right now. They don't want to screw with the other ad they have running. Such a thin line on which to tread...

Question in reguards to Hogwarts Express... Why do we have fully themed trains if we wont be seeing them coming into the station? Or at least I'm assuming we wont be considering the fact that they will both be backwards in one of the stations. Why not build a momorail type system that just slides into a Hogwarts Express shell and save money?

Status
Not open for further replies.