Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know he deleted them from his twitter account. Does anyone know why? Was he approached?

@AmusementLeaks Jan 9
"We're stopping on our own accord for reasons we might share later. We never received any contact from any park."

@AmusementLeaks Jan 9
"Thanks for the kind words everyone. We assure you we had a good reason for hitting the e-stop button. Hope the ride was fun while it lasted."

Is there any chance that that door frame that Felipe found, is actually the piece for the door that has been confirmed on the outside of the facade? It is next to several different pieces of facade (bricks and subway tiles). I cant tell, is there actually a hole in that door frame, or is it just propped up against a flat wall?

When I first looked at it, I thought it was installed there inside the Leicester Sq. facade, but I guess it might just be propped up there, waiting to be installed on the actual location to the right of King's Cross.

Mercy, I wonder if that is indeed what it appears to be. Allaroundorlando took some amazing pics, including closeups. He's my hero for the day!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going back tomorrow & hope to be able to get some more close up shots. Anything in particular you looking for?

Just to help clear up any Leaky Cauldron confusion I made a quick diagram.

Edit: Updated Map

LK3.png

Last edited:
Okay, I really like the diagram - helped me visualize how some of the nooks and crannies are going to work. I'm wondering whether or not they're going to try to 'hide' the side entrance to Diagon Alley (seeing as it's technically the original entrance to Diagon and fans will go nuts going for the 'authentic' experience). Also, Leaky looks like it has a lot more room than I was expecting, although that may just be a result of the way the diagram's structured.

As the ramp was discovered, I am wondering if the queue will have us walking through an upper balcony of LC so that we can feel as though we are walking through the pub to the back. Otherwise, I don't understand the ramp.

Also, Leaky looks like it has a lot more room than I was expecting, although that may just be a result of the way the diagram's structured.

Yeah I'm not sure how much space Leaky actually uses in the building because, unfortunately, the blueprints only show the size of the building and not how the interior spaces are divided up. However, once you factor in the space the kitchen will need I think it's a safe bet to say the majority of the building will be used for Leaky.

As the ramp was discovered, I am wondering if the queue will have us walking through an upper balcony of LC so that we can feel as though we are walking through the pub to the back. Otherwise, I don't understand the ramp.

Could it possibly be a recreation of this hallway that was featured in The Prisoner of Azkaban film?
The walls are severely slanted, and the floor rakes upwards.

hall_zps93bd0efa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just to help clear up any Leaky Cauldron confusion I made a quick diagram.

LK-1.png

This is GREAT! You and I need to team up cause I'm terrible at making stuff like this but I can help with visual accuracy.

Could it possibly be a recreation of this hallway that was featured in The Prisoner of Azkaban film?
The walls are severely slanted, and the floor rakes upwards.

Hmm... that picture looks like it would be a grand queue to me. Who knows what they have in store, but I think a brief glimpse of the interior prior to entering Diagon would be a must.

On another note... Leaky has no 1st floor windows on Diagon correct? So, is it possible the first 15 feet of the interior space that parallels Diagon will be for Hogsmeade style shallow storefronts and the interior nothing but a stone wall?

And might I add, HTF is not answering my question regarding Grimmauld a page back.... hmmmm.

Last edited:
I love it....its just that red on that building next to Kings Crossing is wayyyy to bright. It could be darkened a bit. Stands out like a sore thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.