Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- - - Updated - - -

^ notice the "broken wall" entrance

That would be a good explanation as to why the wall to Diagon is always open. Logistically it wasn't really going to be feasible to have the wall continuously open and close, so having the wall being blown open by death eaters is a good storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC00158.JPG
LK3.png

I believe in this picture, you can see the alcove that the side entrance to Leaky will be locater :-D

[video=youtube;Mo-U5iOinM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-U5iOinM8[/video]

This video is soooo telling. Watch and pause throughout.

You'll see on there Leicester Square Station:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=leic...Bkdfk3fIguP6D44hQ&cbp=12,139.85,,0,-5.41&z=20

The building between Kings Cross and Leicester Square Station:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=leic...Bkdfk3fIguP6D44hQ&cbp=12,33.42,,0,-12.31&z=20

And where the entrance to the leaky Cauldron was depicted to be:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=leic...SCPWuwZ1jghJRE0tYA&cbp=12,5.79,,0,-14.36&z=20

Wow, awesome detective skills, Felipe!

You can also see Wyndham's Theatre on the right at the 46-47 second mark. The selection of landmarks is starting to make a lot more sense.

Reactions: badlactose
I feel confident that does say
The
Fountain
of Fair Fortune

Is the arrow above it pointing its direction? I take it that the FFF is something from Beedle? Never read that...

Excellent pictures DH. You must have jumping like crazy on your pogo stick.

BTW, that new jaggy opening appears to be solid cast concrete, much like a northeastern basement. I wonder why it "must" be so solid and strong? What load could it possibly bear at this late date in construction? :look:

Last edited:
I feel confident that does say
The
Fountain
of Fair Fortune

Is the arrow above it pointing its direction? I take it that the FFF is something from Beedle? Never read that...
I think the arrow is pointing to what's written above the arrow.

I think the TFOFF is to the right in "Goblin Alley"

And yes, it's a title of one of the stories from Beedle.

Awesome shots, DH!! :hail:

Great shots. Does the wall in the third pic say "Fountain of Fair Fortune"?

And Greta work Felipe discovering that mystery building.

Certainly looks like it! :cheers:

Funny how after having seen that countless times, slowing down and paying closer attention, you just stumble upon these things :lol:

This is getting even more exciting now!!! I can't take all these little glimpses inside... driving me crazy (in a good way!). Such a tease! Thanks for the new photos! :doggie:

You guys think there will be a superbowl ad for Diagon Alley? I think I remember one for WWOHP before it opened, right?

The one with the girl on the phone played during championship game (on Fox)
It is possible since announcement will be before Superbowl.

Also I think Uni should approach both Quarterbacks To say "I am going to Universal"

The one with the girl on the phone played during championship game (on Fox)
It is possible since announcement will be before Superbowl.

Also I think Uni should approach both Quarterbacks To say "I am going to Universal"
That would cause all sorts of lawsuits. They can't just go up to the QB and ask them to say that. Disney has a contract for it.

Man those angles are so deceiving. That's Ollivanders on the far left in some pictures (round windows with RS)

Yep, a zoom lens flattens out everything so that buildings 60 feet apart look like they are right next to each other. I don't quite understand why we are seeing Ollivander's windows so far up nearer the entrance. Is 80% of the Ollivanders building facade going to say Ollivander's? Or are the pictures that deceiving.

That would cause all sorts of lawsuits. They can't just go up to the QB and ask them to say that. Disney has a contract for it.

I think that's what he meant. Didn't Disney stop this anyways, Uni could swoop in with a new contract.

Guys, the Superbowl is on Fox this year so Universal would have to pay to advertise. They'll probably just wait for the Olympics a couple weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts