Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
January 23rd will be the Reveal Date at 10:30am. Sign up for alerts and reminders and to watch the Live Webcast.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Email-Signup/Harry-Potter.aspx

[video=youtube;hW0qehuBwWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW0qehuBwWw[/video]

Is that the queue for Evil Dead he is standing in?

This just showed up on my doorstep...
IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

That is insanely cool!! You are crazy lucky!

It is indeed Seth.

The recent updates, announcements and info has really bought home how close we are you to this now, after Christmas we will only have around 6 months till opening and softs a bit before that. The next few months are going to be really exciting you see.

I vote it is time to open the kitty for a choppa. :happy::look::angry:

Universal takes great pride in leaving the edges "raw". They have always done it. It is their style. It is intentional. From the "soundstage" upper edges of Mummy, to the obvious show building at Poseidon's Fury, to the flanks of FJ, and now the flanks of the WWOHP:DA. Universal has never been "you are in an exotic place" place, but the "scene from a fantastical movie" place.

I'll be honest, I'll be really disappointed if they leave the Grimmauld windows without anything in them/behind them. It looks really cheap the way it is now.

Thanks for the higher-res pic, Gambit! It doesn't look so round now, so maybe it is Madam Malkin's after all?

Très intéressant about the trees, Teebin! I am glad they're relocating and not just removing / killing them.

:died: I am so jealous! I want! I want!! Thanks for sharing these pics, Seth! :cheers:

I'll be honest, I'll be really disappointed if they leave the Grimmauld windows without anything in them/behind them. It looks really cheap the way it is now.

I highly doubt they would leave them empty, though. I can understand (not prefer) if we see showbuilding, but the windows should be complete and look like all the other facade windows at USF/IoA. I fully expect a background and theming (including lighting) inside each one.

Since those keys are obviously a part of the media event, is it possible they'll be included as some detail once the park itself opens? Could the keys be what HTF was talking about for the Gringotts queue? (That thing that people WILL want to purchase?)

My guess, in the queue, you'll be given the option to purchase a custom key. You can probably name and number your vault or the vault number will be random.

For example:

Justice Family Vault [HASHTAG]#1011[/HASHTAG]

I highly doubt they would leave them empty, though. I can understand (not prefer) if we see showbuilding, but the windows should be complete and look like all the other facade windows at USF/IoA. I fully expect a background and theming (including lighting) inside each one.

Going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the full depth of Grimmauld will be utilised as actual set decorated rooms, designed to enhance the look for the guests and also usable as conference rooms for VIPs. Imagine that.

My guess, in the queue, you'll be given the option to purchase a custom key. You can probably name and number your vault or the vault number will be random.

For example:

Justice Family Vault #1011

That could be! A custom key and certificate would be pretty cool and I'm sure it'd be very popular.

Going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the full depth of Grimmauld will be utilised as actual set decorated rooms, designed to enhance the look for the guests and also usable as conference rooms for VIPs. Imagine that.

Navigator's Club 2.0? That'd be something...

OMG, i just got mine in the mail too!!

:cheers:

NVM.. im trying to upload a jpeg on this thread but I dont know how to, Just got 3 tickets for the BCS game and wanted to share the pic :)

Last edited:
That box and key are BEAUTIFUL. Wow, I'm just thinking of what they've dreamed up for selling in this new land. And I'm pumped for the webcast! Excited to hear about all the shops and hopefully dining coming.

For example:

Justice Family Vault #1011

Your onto something but that's not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.