Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old USF April Hours (via OrlandoInformer):

IRjcmRt.png

New USF April Hours:

CX2V4QR.png

Those dates they cut the hours for are some of the last (somewhat) slow days before employee training starts kicking up... :look:
Yes, I think you're onto something significant there. Training and stepped up construction finishing work. Those days are listed as moderate to busy by both Touring Plans & OI. And cancelled Cinematic shows indicate Diagon work & training. If they weren't constructing Diagon there is no way they would be cutting hours during this strong business time of the year. THE PUSH IS ON.

Could it just be that were seeing a repeat of exactly what happened when Phase 1 opened? By that I mean people are pushing their vacations back and Universal is already seeing advance ticket sales and hotel occupancy dwindle. Its very possible that all were seeing is Universal cutting back costs to keep the margins up. I mean how nice would it be for Universal to enter Q2 with attendance and guest spending flat vs LY instead of being down 1 million visitors over the year before. Then again I'm just speaking out loud and throwing darts aimlessly hoping something sticks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Could it just be that were seeing a repeat of exactly what happened when Phase 1 opened? By that I mean people are pushing their vacations back and Universal is already seeing advance ticket sales and hotel occupancy dwindle. Its very possible that all were seeing is Universal cutting back costs to keep the margins up. I mean how nice would it be for Universal to enter Q2 with attendance and guest spending flat vs LY instead of being down 1 million visitors over the year before. Then again I'm just speaking out loud and throwing darts aimlessly hoping something sticks.

No, I don't think so. The phase 1 days didn't have Transformers. I'd venture to guess that they're losing money by cutting the hours.

No, I don't think so. The phase 1 days didn't have Transformers. I'd venture to guess that they're losing money by cutting the hours.
Yes, I agree. Transformers plus Springfield, and all the photos I see of Studios look more crowded than past years. Significantly, Universal did not change IOA's hours. They are still till 8:00 PM most nights, as before. Plus, Universal hasn't done a whole lot of their advertising directed to HP2 as they did to HP1 first time around. . Most of it was just regular Universal vacation scenario so far on this year's ads. I would venture that a large percentage of the general public is nowhere near aware of HP2 as we & the Potter fans are. The Potter ads blitz is forthcoming, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't think they want to be crushed like before when it first opens, but the crush will probably still happen. Universal has added so much the last few years that there's still a ton of relatively fresh stuff to do even without Diagon.

Reactions: PWT
There are four clues in this riddle... figure out all four and then post your ideas. Each clue is important unto itself. Any research you might do should include more than two paragraphs.

Although Lord Strange and the quintuplets were
not near the boiling water when it splashed,
Lord Strange maintained a serious skald.
A seemingly random event indeed.

I was referring to very different other things, not related to Pong or Kotter. We know practically everything about this project and I couldn't care less about the other.

Care less about Kong?!

Well sir... Cant wait to hear about the other things...

HMMM!!!

Other Things.....

Wild Things....

where+the+wild+things+are.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There are four clues in this riddle... figure out all four and then post your ideas. Each clue is important unto itself. Any research you might do should include more than two paragraphs.

This riddle is for Potter?

I was referring to very different other things, not related to Pong or Kotter. We know practically everything about this project and I couldn't care less about the other.

Yes, unless I posted it in the wrong thread, which I don't believe I did.

Now you've lost me... "Pong and Kotter", but, this is about Potter....

Are you saying you know something not about *this* project but a new phase of Potter?

I think a Riddle is terribly appropriate for a Harry Potter reference. And somebody has to get jump in and get their feet wet, so here goes:

Lord Strange could be Lord Voldemort, or Bellatrix Lestrange, or her husband, Rudolph Lestrange. But I'm going to guess it refers to both Lord Voldemort and his loyal servant, Bellatrix LeStrange. The quintuplets could be Luna, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Neville, the 5 of whom were captured by 5 Deatheaters while Harry (holding the prophecy) and Lucius Malfoy looked on, in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. The number 5 could also refer to the 5th book in the series (Order of the Phoenix), in which the battle took place. Lord Strange is also a reference to an Elizabethan acting troupe, Lord Strange's Men, which brings in the concept of a live performance.

This seems to be alluding to the duel between Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle and Dumbledore in the atrium of the Ministry of Magic headquarters building: Voldemort fought with fire, and Dumbledore with water. This could mean that the performance would involve a fire/water battle.

This is referring to Sirius (serious) Black's death. Sirius was killed (note the spelling of "scald" as "skald") by Bellatrix.

A flash mob appears to be a random event but is actually planned. Or perhaps it would appear to be a random event because the building would be disguised as something else - a regular London office building, for example.

Altogether, it sounds like a live performance of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic. I vaguely remember someone saying something about a possible Ministry of Magic show at some point in the future. Perhaps they're thinking of converting MIB or another property into the Ministry of Magic headquarters, with (perceived) underground access and a live show featuring scenes from Order of the Phoenix? The MoM headquarters are located in London, so MIB (or Disaster or Fear Factor) would seem to be an appropriate place to put it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug A.
Whether your're right or wrong Magistra...BRAVO!
:jaw:

Hey, occasionally the critical theory part of my Master's in French literature comes in handy. You need someone to analyze the crap out of a literary text? I'm your woman. Doesn't mean it's true, though. ;-)

Edit: Another thought occurs to me: "random" rhymes with "fandom," which might imply that rather than having actors playing the various roles, guests/fans could play them. This might be a way to update "Disaster!", which is in the old Amity section, while sidestepping the issue of trying to find actors who can fill the shoes of Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon, Helena Bonham Carter, and the other actors in those scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.