Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I kinda wish they wouldn't slap the name "Harry Potter" on it (or any of the 3 lands) at this point. Just call it "The Wizarding World: ________". It just seems so redundant, but then again I am a Slytherin so.... :devil:

This Floo network is a bit different. They use the Prof and BTTF vehicle to transport you from France to the London Ministry. ;) ;)
If I'm using the BTTF (8 passenger) vehicle, I'm not traveling to London! I'm traveling to Amity! I've heard their boat tour is THE BEST (and only scenic tour on the island)

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
I missed the rumored storyline of the ride. Can I find it somewhere?

Ride and land details haven't been announced yet. Only a short land description:

where guests will discover a different era of the wizarding world in an all-new land that blends 1920s wizarding Paris from Warner Bros. Pictures’ Fantastic Beasts films with the iconic British Ministry of Magic from the Harry Potter series;

This definitely seems to be the land that most IU people are least hyped about at the moment, given the lack of movement in this thread. It makes sense given the steady supply of new Potter attractions that the parks have been adding for a decade and a half at this point. I do think the land will do well to support the park as a whole.

I have high hopes for this Ministry ride, I am hoping it delivers above and beyond. Hagrids has set the bar incredibly high for me, especially as a non-Potter fan.

I'm definitely intrigued by the Ministry ride, I have a feeling it's going to be wonderful chaos...or would that be mischief?

I think what's going to' be an instant wow factor is the sheer scale of this land. It looks tall as heck, don't know how it compares to Diagon in terms of height, but it looks up there and then some! Going through the portal and being greeted by the Arc de Triomphe should be a great reveal, too.

I think the answer to the timeline question is the time turner medallion
They can certainly handwave-away the time travel issue with something like this, yes, but in the universe of the Potter story, time travel is heavily monitored and regulated, and Time-Turners in particular were confiscated and out-of-commission by 1997 (when the Ministry ride may be set).

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in the lore of the Wizarding World, time travel only works for going into the past (and returning). So if we're starting out in the 1920s, we should only be able to go further back. I think.

Reactions: Jake S
I'm definitely intrigued by the Ministry ride, I have a feeling it's going to be wonderful chaos...or would that be mischief?

I think what's going to' be an instant wow factor is the sheer scale of this land. It looks tall as heck, don't know how it compares to Diagon in terms of height, but it looks up there and then some! Going through the portal and being greeted by the Arc de Triomphe should be a great reveal, too.
This is definitely how I feel. The land looks gorgeous (Diagon-esque!) and it sounds like the ride will match the vibe. It won't take much to make me happy, whether or not they Time Turner us from one era to another.

They can certainly handwave-away the time travel issue with something like this, yes, but in the universe of the Potter story, time travel is heavily monitored and regulated, and Time-Turners in particular were confiscated and out-of-commission by 1997 (when the Ministry ride may be set).

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in the lore of the Wizarding World, time travel only works for going into the past (and returning). So if we're starting out in the 1920s, we should only be able to go further back. I think.
Cursed Child says hello. Not saying that means much. :lmao: But yes, I would question why a time turner is the icon.

Everyone is obsessing over the ride & it's time traveling phone booth...

Surprised nobody is talking about the "rumored" show that will also be found here. If it's a huge spectacle, I can see it having repeat value (other than escaping the Parisian Florida heat)
Hoping it's a really solid stage show as it'll help spread crowds out. Solid shows will always draw an audience.

This is tied with Dark Universe as my most anticipated land - I'm not tired of Potter yet. Showing the EU video to folks who haven't kept up with rumors, however, emphasizes the degree to which the lack of a second ride makes it feel underbuilt.

I don't understand this logic?

I don't know why they would keep them in separate times when Fantastic Beasts bombed and is over now like nothing is really keeping Paris in the past. Are they doing this so they have Newt be included in the 2nd ride whenever that comes? Moving Paris up to present day could let them use Luna instead since she's married to Newt's grandson according to Rowling, she would probably draw more hype even though I like Newt more (and actually liked FB films)

I know it was mentioned jokingly but the Pensieve seemed like a good story explanation if we started in current-day and went back in time. Specifically:
The Pensieve was enchanted to recreate memories so that they become re-liveable, taking every detail stored in the subconscious and recreating it faithfully. Once memories were siphoned into the Pensieve, a witch or wizard could enter them by dipping your head in the water and view the memory from a third-person point of view, almost as if travelling into the past. However, since it's just a memory and not actual time travel, the user of the Pensieve was non-participant, meaning that their presence had no effect on anything that happened in the memory.
The rumor sounds like the ride would be current-day though (closer to the time period of the other two lands)? The good news is it won't be long before we find out!

This definitely seems to be the land that most IU people are least hyped about at the moment, given the lack of movement in this thread.
The portal matches my excitement adequately. ;)

No but really the parts I'm excited about are the main ride and the rumored Great Hall experience except that second thing won't be open at park launch and probably should be over at IoA but that's a different discussion. I'm also interested in the new atmosphere and interactive window features. I'm excited but not over the top for it.

We're only working off the portal concept and rumors as Universal hasn't confirmed details within yet too. So far this land sounds like it's become a catch-all for anything HP they couldn't fit anywhere else because of how spread out things are literally between space and time. Quality will be high but story cohesiveness seems slightly sketchy in this area.

Cursed Child says hello. Not saying that means much. :lmao: But yes, I would question why a time turner is the icon.
Someone slapping a time turner on a portal into the 1920's doesn't seem weird in the context of Celestial Park. It's going from that time period via Floo network into the future (that's what's going here right?) that feels out of place in the context of how that's supposed to work within the HP universe.

For all the importance of story and immersion in these worlds that's where things get clunky; I can understand where story purists get tripped up. Point taken though!

Reactions: belloq87
I feel like it would make the most sense to set Paris in the same time period as the Umbridge trial and then use a time turner setup to enter the show. At the same time, there could always be an in-universe retcon added to explain things away.

Reactions: belloq87
I'm not a big Potter fan, but I personally would have preferred a Fantastic Beasts-era ride and then give USF the Ministry of Magic ride. I think it's kinda weird jumping different timelines and places, but that's just me.

Still think this will be really awesome!
There is still an expansion plot in EU's Potter plot. Maybe there could be an expansion with something FB related. That was speculated somewhere on this forum a while ago.

I feel like it would make the most sense to set Paris in the same time period as the Umbridge trial and then use a time turner setup to enter the show.
I don't see any reason the show couldn't also be happening in the 1990s, too. Just because what inspired it in the movies was happening in the '20s doesn't preclude it from being a long-running entertainment tradition, or something.
I'm not a big Potter fan, but I personally would have preferred a Fantastic Beasts-era ride and then give USF the Ministry of Magic ride. I think it's kinda weird jumping different timelines and places, but that's just me.
We'll take what we can get, but I absolutely agree.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This definitely seems to be the land that most IU people are least hyped about at the moment, given the lack of movement in this thread. It makes sense given the steady supply of new Potter attractions that the parks have been adding for a decade and a half at this point. I do think the land will do well to support the park as a whole.

I have high hopes for this Ministry ride, I am hoping it delivers above and beyond. Hagrids has set the bar incredibly high for me, especially as a non-Potter fan.
I think it’s just because it’s the most mysterious world. We really don’t know THAT much about it. However, based on everything I’ve heard, Harry Potter And The Battle At The Ministry might be the best dark ride Universal’s ever built.

That’s not taking anything away from Monsters, which will no doubt be a favorite for many. I just think Potter is going blow people away.