Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve been out the loop but does anyone know the latest rumors regarding the second attraction planned for this land ?

I know they cancelled the original concept before they even started construction but it seems like they haven’t figured out what to do with that extra space.

I’ve been out the loop but does anyone know the latest rumors regarding the second attraction planned for this land ?
It's a stage show inspired -- to one degree or another -- by the Circus Arcanus show seen in FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD.

If you're talking about an eventual expansion attraction, nothing has yet been rumored as far as I've heard (beyond eventually bringing a Great Hall dining experience into the land).

I think the circus show is an upgrade from the broomstick VR ride.
We were supposed to have both...

I mean, I get what you're saying, but again, we were supposed to have Ministry, VR, and Circus show on opening day.

I don't really want the VR either, but I do want a third attraction. From my understanding, the VR attraction was being built because it was seen as a small footprint attraction with a relatively high capacity. Not sure what else could slot into that footprint?

Reactions: belloq87
We were supposed to have both...

I mean, I get what you're saying, but again, we were supposed to have Ministry, VR, and Circus show on opening day.

I don't really want the VR either, but I do want a third attraction. From my understanding, the VR attraction was being built because it was seen as a small footprint attraction with a relatively high capacity. Not sure what else could slot into that footprint?
There’s expansion space within this land behind where the Vr attraction was to go. Now without the VR, there’s enough expansion space, all connected, to build a second Ministry ride.

Even if they build the Great Hall dining experience, which is still up in the air if you ask me, it’ll only take up a small fraction of the expansion space, leaving enough room for a full size ride building behind it.

The fact that Potter doesn’t have a family-friendly dark ride in at least one of the THREE lands themed to the IP is genuinely mad and reflects some deeply dysfunctional thinking at the decision-making level.

It’s too early for this nonsense. Lol
Which part of the idea that a family-friendly franchise should have a family-friendly attraction is nonsense?

My point is simply that a logical future addition to EU’s Potter land would be a family-friendly dark ride.

Last edited:
Which part of the idea that a family-friendly franchise should have a family-friendly attraction is nonsense?

It was more about your hyperbolic "genuinely mad" and "deeply dysfunctional thinking at the decision-making level" for what is considered two of the most highly-regarded lands in modern-era theme parks...

It was more about your hyperbolic "genuinely mad" and "deeply dysfunctional thinking at the decision-making level" for what is considered two of the most highly-regarded lands in modern-era theme parks...
They’re wonderfully designed lands. Utter masterpieces of theming. Potter Paris looks like more of the same high quality.

The ride selection in the lands reflects Universal’s profoundly misguided reluctance to build family-friendly attractions, even as the resort’s identity is tied more and more closely to family-friendly franchises and the resort competes for a wider range of guests. It’s a stubborn remnant of an earlier, very different era in the resort’s history.

Both true.

So much of the existing Wizarding World is family friendly experience even if the attractions skew more "thrill". I just got to experience it again with young nieces and nephew (all under 10), and they didn't seem to think anything was missing. I think the issue in the existing lands and all of Epic is if you just go by ride counts and not the overall "experience" in each land, you're missing half the picture. There are so many elements that are part of the immersive atmosphere that round out the experience. Not everything needs a ride for each age/thrill level to have something for everyone to enjoy.

The details emerging in construction are really impressive: